Module Removal

dbgeek

So, I've got the interior looking pretty good - except there is a wobbly black box in front of the shifter. I believe it is the body control module, and I still have the mpg/temp/clock thing (dangling from the wiring harness). Will everything I need work without those two? BFC says to pull them both and associated wiring.

• Members
So, I've got the interior looking pretty good - except there is a wobbly black box in front of the shifter. I believe it is the body control module, and I still have the mpg/temp/clock thing (dangling from the wiring harness). Will everything I need work without those two? BFC says to pull them both and associated wiring.

Wiring and electric stuff causes me to cringe, but well I'm a huge "baby."

I would say pull out the modules, but leave the wiring, just bundle it up and zip-tie out of the way. I never trust what the computer will randomly decide it will want to check only to then fail because some wire has been cut.

I second that..pull the modules and leave the wiring...I whacked my wiring out, killed my ABS and Dash

Finally got TRM in Atlanta to fix it....it was a "ground" problem....

Suggestion; Remove one piece at a time...test before removing and after removing.

Test should include starting car and checking warning lightes and overall functions

Once bitten, twice shy?

George (my dad) weeded his wiring harness... then it wouldn't start I chuckled - the 5lbs of wiring caused hours of fixing. I can't see the OBC stopping the car from functioning. I will be careful with the body control module, however.

Removing the body control module killed my actuation of the e-fan via the a/c button

I verified that the temp switch will still turn on the e-fan. I'll put it back and think about how much I like that feature.

Once bitten, twice shy?

For sure! I removed all the modules...everything was fine...then cut out the wires to the modals...no ABS or Dash!!!

But fixed now...as I said just a bad ground...but finding it....