2002 Roush Stage 3 Mustang Griggs GR40 Race Car For Sale

03-246

2002 Roush Stage 3 Mustang/Griggs Racing GR40 Race Car

Professionally built race car by Performance Autosport in VA. Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords May feature car. Original Roush Stage 3 car (Roush ID # 02-0059) converted in 2008 to a dedicated open track terror that looks good enough to be a showcar! Equipped with a complete Griggs Racing World Challenge suspension and frame kit and Griggs Racing 4on4 brake system, this car will out brake and out corner both American and European cars with 100 – 200 more horsepower. Best of everything in speed, handling and safety equipment including Roush, Griggs, custom SCCA-certified roll cage, Ford Racing, Tremec, SCT, BBK, Quicktime, Spec, Kooks, Canton, Kirkey, Sparco, Steeda, Fluidyne, Forgeline, Hoosier, Hawk, Moser, Eaton, Simpson, Autometer, Koni, etc. Driven primarily at VIR past two years at various HPDE events, never raced wheel-to-wheel, never wrecked. Built to American Iron specs – be safe and very fast at HPDE events or go wheel to wheel racing…you choose. Car cost more than $70k to build …buy here for much less! $39,900. Located in Wake Forest, NC. Local delivery is available. This vehicle has a title, but in current trim is no longer street legal.

GR40andMustangChallenge.jpg

SVTMAY-06617.jpg

247.jpg

242.jpg

239.jpg

246.jpg

DSC_7378.jpg

DSC_9210.jpg

DSC_7371.jpg

DSC_9223.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300532314535&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords May feature car. Article available at: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_1005_2003_ford_mustang/index.html>>

YouTube on track videos available at: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?pi=0&ps=20&sf=added&sa=0&dm=1>>

Car Domain blog including build photos, under car photos, documentation, videos, comments, etc available at: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3070346>>

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when Kevin posted pics of this build on our local car forum VaDriven.com... beautiful ride and wonderful attention to detail. What's next?

Don Rositch at PAS did an amazing job...his attention to detail is remarkable.

For me??? An 8-year veterinary degree for my daughter for starters...if there's anything left over another Mustang.

• 2 months later...

PRICE REDUCED TO $38,900. My loss is your gain. Very motivated to sell....just received first college offers for my daughter...gulp...car needs to go.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The car is still available...received lots of offers and trades, but haven't found the right buyer yet. Just bought and installed a brand new set of Hoosier R6's...and have registered for 4 HPDE events at VIR this spring. After building the perfect open track Mustang, I have mixed emotions about selling.

I wouldnt want to sell it either. Especially with all the time and money you have in to it. I bet it is a beast on the track. I do a bunch of HPDEs down here in Florida at Sebring. Was just curious if you did finally sell it. PM me with the best price you could do. Who knows!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't remember if I ever PM'd you a price. I may have a buyer.

Yeah you did but i wont be able to pull it. Thanks for checking though. Good luck with the sale.

• 2 months later...

First college tuition bill is here...need to sell race car. $34,900...or $39,900 with Featherlite all-cluminum trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen this car in person... would make a good AI car for someone. If I didn't already have a ST2 vette, I would probably try to buy it. GLWS.

Sorry to hear you have to still sell it. Last time we spoke you were going to try to keep it.

Wish I could buy it. Great car for a great price.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Price reduction...$34,900 as pictured or $32,900 without tires and wheels. Total build cost was more than $72k.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
I find it unbelievable this car hasn't been snatched-up... What a great buy for someone looking to have some fun!

Thanks...but it's probably my fault....I've received numerous inquiries but aren't ready to give it away...I am still having way too much fun with it . In today's economy buyers are looking for incredible deals, assuming that sellers are over their heads in debt and willing to accept any offer. That's not the case here. If you know of anyone that's looking for a great race car at a very reasonable price, please send them my way.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...