WERC Round 4- Thunderhill

wlfpkrcn1

The car is in the trailer and ready to go. For those following the WERC and don't know the players or competition, it is a 2 car chase for the championship in ES. Troy Lindstrom is leading Team Prototype Development Group by 25 points. PDG and Troy have been battling for the top spot for 2 years now and it looks like this race will pretty much determine the 2010 season outcome. PDG finished 2nd in the 2009 6 hour race to beat Troy by 10 points for the championship. If PDG wins this race and troy finished 2nd, then it will go down to the 6 hour race again in December as the undercard to the 25 hours of Thunderhill race. In 2009, Troy drove his super truck to the 6 hour victory and then piloted Karen Salvaggio's FFR Daytona Coupe to a 10th place finish in ES. This event is guarenteed to be exciting and tell the man at the gate, " I am here to watch the ES class and need to purchase part of a seat because I will only be using the edge!"

PDG's plan of attack: we know troy can not go 2 hours on a tank of fuel if pressured. Troy can not go more than 1.5 hours on tires when pressured. PDG can go 3 hours on fuel and 7.5 hours at Thunderhill on a set of tires. "Pressure Troy and win the race" that's easy!

RM

How did the race go. I ended up with a family emergency and couldn't make it. Apparently our day ended with a wicked snap oversteer in 8. Ripped the splitter off and damaged a oil cooler and radiator. Hopefully no engine damage, otherwise BW is questionable.

Congrats to Team Stammer for winning the ES class. It was "THE FASTEST" enduro race we have had! Outside of the 88 ESR entry, we posted the fastest lap time, 3 races in a row. While a flat tire late in the race took us out of P1 in class, we recovered quickly, to find a small water leak from the heater hose outlet where a rubber cap had cracked and forced the GTM-R to retire with 18 minutes remaining. Troy in the 66 super truck set the pace and it was VERY FAST!

While our 25 hour pace is 2:00, Troy forced forced our hand and we were consistently turning 1:52.xx-1:55.XX's.

See you guys in October!

RM

Wow ES sounds like an amazing class. I am in E1 leading points. I will make it to Buttonwillow. I am still working out electrical gremlins in my car. had an alternator go out early morning but managed to race at 4pm. then of course we still had electrcal issues with fuel pump relay and that set us back.... I had a question, I want to change team names without loosing my points, is it possible? I couldn't find it anywhere on the forum or on the nasa site. Thanks for the clean race overall everyone!!!

PS Im still rooting for PDG!! Can't believe it has a humungous gas tank and the appetitie to go with it.

Points follows team name. team name change allowed, but loose points. Now that I got that squared off....I noticed my points and team name are lost in the E1 class. Somehow my car number 87 is correct but the transdonder number and team name is not correct. I placed 2nd for sure but I'm not team 3D racing. Im running as team Speedy Motorsports. Boy is this confusing.....gotta square this out.