Do you balance your race tires?

Cobra4B

I hate when my wheels/tires are even just a little bit unbalanced... the little vibrations always cause me concern, and I have suffered through them before, but once all 4 are freshly balanced everything is always sooo smooooth.

My plan is now to get a fresh balancing before each weekend.

That is not a bad idea...but I would have to try to get all the OPR off the tires first...and that is a PITA. Mine are being balanced today.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• brkntrxn

• Cobra4B

• philstireservice

ninetyfourintegra

That is not a bad idea...but I would have to try to get all the OPR off the tires first...and that is a PITA. Mine are being balanced today.

FWIW, here's what we do with our kart. We take a heat gun with a blade attachment (http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-heat-gun-accessory-kit-95301.html) and the stuff comes up pretty easily. Granted the tire are much smaller, but the pickup is quite significant.

Also, I balanced my Hoosiers in April, have 23 heat cycles and I haven't balanced them since, still smooth.

I hate when my wheels/tires are even just a little bit unbalanced... the little vibrations always cause me concern, and I have suffered through them before, but once all 4 are freshly balanced everything is always sooo smooooth.

Before you pay all that money, try marking your tires at your next event. If they don't move on the wheels (mine didn't) then you don't need to do all that extra work.

• Members

Before you pay all that money, try marking your tires at your next event. If they don't move on the wheels (mine didn't) then you don't need to do all that extra work.

I agree w/Doug - I have marked mine a few times because I suspected they were moving and causing an imbalance - but they didn't move...

Jim Pantas

www.WildHorsesRacing.com