Fuel dumping stock cars

timz06

Here is my rant. In the Sunday race a stock car went around me on the right and messed up my race with my in class competition. I should have watched my mirrors and not have let that happen, but the big problem was this thing was dumping tons of fuel out of the fuel fill for two laps, I had to back off, I could hardly see out of the windshield.

Why do these cars need a full tank of fuel for a 30 minute race? Why not just fill it up about 3/4? I'm sure at least 1/4 of a tank blew out anyway.

By the time I had backed a safe distance from this wonderful stock car, I had no chance to catch my competition.

I want to race hard, but I am not willing to crash, so it kind of tee'd me off.

Stock car guys, please take this into consideration next time.

Tim

I don't know...I kept looking at the corner workers-I'm not sure why they didn't see it. If you check Falcons Sunday vid, you can see the car leaking during the pace lap.

TIm

smokinjoe

Nearly every race I've run (in SARRC), I've come up behind a car dumping fuel in the turns. And I've never gotten loose because of it. Just got used to it happening on the track.

Nearly every race I've run (in SARRC), I've come up behind a car dumping fuel in the turns. And I've never gotten loose because of it. Just got used to it happening on the track.

Dude, you are driving a sentra-I am driving a sports car at speed

My first race I was behind one of these POS's and he dumped fuel in 7...I got loose. That is why I am not willing to take a chance.

Tim

smokinjoe

I get that a lot. I run 1:38s around Road Atlanta.. in a Sentra. 150+ on the backstraight. 225 size tires. No turbo, just a small Nissan motor. I know that's hard to comprehend for "those" people who think FWD cars are slow.

ser.jpg

Off topic, but I was provoked!

Fred Crawford
Here is my rant. In the Sunday race a stock car went around me on the right and messed up my race with my in class competition. I should have watched my mirrors and not have let that happen, but the big problem was this thing was dumping tons of fuel out of the fuel fill for two laps, I had to back off, I could hardly see out of the windshield.

Why do these cars need a full tank of fuel for a 30 minute race? Why not just fill it up about 3/4? I'm sure at least 1/4 of a tank blew out anyway.

By the time I had backed a safe distance from this wonderful stock car, I had no chance to catch my competition.

I want to race hard, but I am not willing to crash, so it kind of tee'd me off.

Stock car guys, please take this into consideration next time.

Tim

You should of asked the guy driving the stock car... I am sure he would of filled it 3/4 full if he would of known...

fc

Joe doesn't worry about loose I've seen him spin out twice in one session thru the kink at CMP:

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Smokinjoe#p/u/4/NDM2nN3Y4Ak

sideways action starts about 2.15

I get that a lot. I run 1:38s around Road Atlanta.. in a Sentra. 150+ on the backstraight. 225 size tires. No turbo, just a small Nissan motor. I know that's hard to comprehend for "those" people who think FWD cars are slow.

ser.jpg

You must be slow in the turns...I was running 1:36's and never hit 150 on the backstraight! Maybe you need some bigger tires?

I drive a Neon.... Wanna race?

Sure, I think I already beat you a couple times in my Camaro, this car is faster, but I don't have a smoke screen or rock release button!

I have gotten loose on fuel spill. I think I was the spiller though. What does a car have to do to get black flagged in a race group? I have seen smokers and spillers for three plus laps before they blow or fail. And they often crash other cars.

You must be slow in the turns...I was running 1:36's and never hit 150 on the backstraight! Maybe you need some bigger tires?

I was expecting your Z06 to at least be more than 2secs faster than a... $4K Sentra. Maybe you need bigger tires?!

obzezzed350

VQ35 power FTMFW!!!

I figure at least the NASA trained corner workers would catch it but maybe they weren't on the right turns to see it. Maybe there was some reluctance to ruin someone's race with a meatball or black flag over what didn't seem so bad from the sidelines. It is a tough call

drivinhardz06

ser.jpg

dang, are you really hitting 150 mph with a 10:1 TTB car and that big aero drag-chute wing on the back?

I've got a TTA C5Z that's right on my adjusted hp/weight limit of 8.7:1 and I never got to 150 all weekend. 149 and change on the traqmate

I drive a Neon.... Wanna race?

Sure, I think I already beat you a couple times in my Camaro, this car is faster, but I don't have a smoke screen or rock release button!

I remember those rocks..... Actually... I don't see where you have beaten me.... Must have been a big day for you to remember!

Edited by Guest

Tim, thanks for the post. I have been bad topping off my tank, not sure I have a problem but i will stop due to the reason you posted. Just call me new and did not know or think about it.

I was being trained on a corner that Sunday afternoon. I thought (not sure though) the RA Corner Marshall that was training me DID call in the car that was spewing fuel after the third time it passed us. I was not on a communicator myself so I do not know what became of it.