Fuel dumping stock cars

timz06

[.....I remember those rocks..... Actually... I don't see where you have beaten me.... Must have been a big day for you to remember!

Don't make us go through mylaps again ....next thing Ken will be talking about gridding up front again ....

[.....I remember those rocks..... Actually... I don't see where you have beaten me.... Must have been a big day for you to remember!

Don't make us go through mylaps again ....next thing Ken will be talking about gridding up front again ....

If you have to look that hard for the proof, does that really prove the point you want to make?

And Ken always grids up front on "Bizarro Day"

And Ken always grids up front on "Bizarro Day"

hey, you're forgetting that time I got to grid for the first session before anyone else hater

Time for a dyno and bump up to TTS!

It's not the Sentra's fault. Greg G gave me two asterisks, no matter the car I drive.

Dang we did not think you noticed.

You in the restaurant business by any chance...

No, but I get good seats when I bring the family to Ippolito's. I just ask if my Mom is in the kitchen and a table opens up for us.

No, but I get good seats when I bring the family to Ippolito's. I just ask if my Mom is in the kitchen and a table opens up for us.

I see....they are going to add ** to your bill....

Almost all stock cars, Panozes, mustangs, camaros, etc dump a little fuel when they are filled up. We have learned that within a lap or two it usually clears up and goes away. we usually give them that time leeway, rather than ruin their race by black flagging them. Also, many cars will smoke a little out of their exhaust on deceleration or hard cornering. We also will let the car keep racing, but we will watch it very closely in case it worsens. Also, many of you are forgetting that we can only black flag at two stations around the track. it takes time for the car to reach those stations. If a car starts smoking in T1, he has to make it to T9 before he gets the black flag. If the driver doesn't see it (or pretends to not see it), he has to wait until Start. We have had many drivers ignore both black flags for several laps before finally seeing it. What more can we do if he is smoking?

We try not to ruin someone's race for things that are relatively minor. Serious safety issues are, obviously, another matter. But it would seem like a guaranteed way to make a racer angry if he gets black flagged because his cool shirt was leaking (has happened) or his headlight was popped up (happened) or his turn signal was dangling (again happened).

Our Panoz would smoke a little on hard left turns under braking like 4 @ VIR, but it'd never slosh fuel. The cell had a vent tube that was looped so any fuel vapors or excess would get caught in the tube and not make it out. Never had a fuel spillage issue in over 2 years tracking the car FWIW.

hired wrench
cheater Sentras. Add more lead!

Time for a dyno and bump up to TTS!

Best place to hide Nitrous in a Sentra is in the passenger side frame rail.

If everything goes as planned, I should have a TTS car put together for 2012 for Joe** to putt around in.

Joe dosen't need any nos,Have you not seen the small block chevy engine under the hood.Now he only use's it for special race track's.I was lucky enough to catch the hood up once and I swear I though I saw two four's setting on top.

Robert

Lowly mustang driver

How slick is gasoline?

Does it evaporate quickly?

How much does it take on track to be a spin hazard?

I know my old Cool Shirt cooler would let water slosh out of the top and it would leak on track. I had racers comment to me about it and it concerned them and that concerned me. I sealed the cooler to prevent it. I finally bought a new cooler.

Of more concern to me are guys who go on track with known mechanical (engine, transmission, water pumps, etc.) problems that are hand grenades waiting to erupt while on track.

During my first race I was behind one going around 7 and his dump caused me to get loose, so slick enough to crash.

I could understand it if we were starting the brickyard, but do you need an overflowing tank for a 30 min race?

Joe dosen't need any nos,Have you not seen the small block chevy engine under the hood.Now he only use's it for special race track's.I was lucky enough to catch the hood up once and I swear I though I saw two four's setting on top.

Robert

Lowly mustang driver

Super small, mini block chevy - 213 cubic inches! My left two lug nuts have more tq than the maxima motor.

hired wrench

Robert

Lowly mustang driver

I've seen it

I fell asleep one night after watching The Fast and the Furious, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and Monster Garage season 2. I told, Joe**, about the dream I had....... 6 rolls of duct tape, 1,374 zip ties, and 393 cans of Miller Lite later, (maybe it was 1,374 can off beer and 393 zip ties) and the car is pretty much done.