Who is going to Autobahn

911.racer

Hey guys,

I am planning to head up to Autobahn with my fellow GTS1 drivers John Graber and Greg Panik. I have never been there, so that is my new track for 2010.

Who else from GTS is going to be heading up that way. Any good videos of the full course out there.

Thanks

Ed Baus

Hey Ed, I'll be there in GTS2. Looking forward to meeting you. Last event there we had a GTS "corral" going and a bunch of us camped out, split a keg, and projected "Le Mans". It's a fun, technical track. I believe it's full course for the enduro and south course for the sprints.

I don't have video of the full course, but here's the south course:

Sounds like good fun. If there is an area to park in, count us in. Well, you can probably count us in for everything except camping.

How many do you usually get showing up in GTS.

Ed

Ed! Glad to hear you guys are coming out. Miss the old days (the Sacha/Mark era).

At Autobahn we usually get around 12-15 GTS cars. That said we also had three new drivers pass comp school so we're hopeful. GTS-1 will not be well represented from the Midwest though, we have an average field of, umm.. zero.

I'll be there running GTS2, cant pass it up since I won a free race weekend there when Dave Royce picked my Winner Card at Gingerman last weekend.

All I have to do now is get my new clutch in! Parts on the way....

I'm in for GTS1, the coral and the keg. Camping is a maybe....

Greg Panik will been coming and running GTS1 too along with Paul Milligan so we'll have at least four in GTS1. Could use one more...

Ed! Glad to hear you guys are coming out. Miss the old days (the Sacha/Mark era).

At Autobahn we usually get around 12-15 GTS cars. That said we also had three new drivers pass comp school so we're hopeful. GTS-1 will not be well represented from the Midwest though, we have an average field of, umm.. zero.

I am looking forward to the track. I am also looking forward to the days of old coming back too. The 911 is sitting in mothballs waiting a return.

Actually, I wish it was just sitting somewhere. It is either in the garage or in the trailer. Wherever the 944 is not. I switch it back and forth as the need arises. Need to sell my steet 930 so I can afford to get a sea container to keep a couple of cars and parts in.

My feeling about a class is that the more fun and competitive it looks, the more people jump into it. Heck, I built this 944 just to run with the guys in my region. If I was in your region I would probably have a spec944 right now. GTS1 continues to grow in our area. We had 11 entries at Mid-O this month. I think we are now outpacing GTS2 which had been our largest GTS class. (plus 944's are cheap)

Some of the fun is that we get to swim upstream through the Miata's during the race. That might make Autobahn intersting since your Miata guys are not used to us like ours have become this year. (and it looks like it is hard to pass there)

Ed

I'm in for GTS3. Look out, it's my "home" track!

Team MotoDelta and his motodolt sidekicks always park near the concession roundabout just outside of Turn 1 South. Other GTS guys can be found up on the pavement to the north- I guess they like the solid ground for jackstands?

Looking forward to meeting Graber and Baus in person!

Edited by Guest

I'll be there in my GTS2 E36 325. I will be bringing up the rear in GTS2 so as long as you GTS1 guys don't get into a heated battle, I would love to dice with one or more of you guys.

The GTS corral at the last ABCC race was split between the grass Paddock F closest to concessions and the southeast quadrant of paved Paddock C right across from F, as seen in the map below.

http://www.drivefastbesafe.com/PDFs/Paddock%20Layout%20Map.pdf

The keg and showing of Le Mans was awesome and I would have stayed for the whole thing (I almost made it) had it not been for the attack of the mosquitos. I just could not stand it anymore after being literally eaten alive.

I plan on being there as soon as the gates open and am planning on securing a spot on the paved paddock (Julian, take note!). I'll also be camping in my trailer.

Make sure y'all bring your mosquito repellent (I'll be well equipped this time) and I'm looking forward to meeting more GTS'ers and sharing the track with the legendary Great Lakes racers.

Enzo, it was nice meeting you at Gingerman and I feel your pain on the clutch (blew up a few of them myself last year). Good luck and see you at ABCC!

Nobu

Hey Nobu, I'm going to bring the new trailer and camp as well, this time leaving the Taj Ma Tent at home. I'd also like to grab a concrete spot this time. I liked the camping out and hanging out on the grass, but when it came time to working on the car, it was a bit of a pain. I'll look for you as soon as I get there, and hopefully grab a spot next to you so we can pool resources and such.

Also, in the pdf you posted, there's a no-parking stripe across North Paddock B & C. I don't think we have to worry about that. Here's the map NASA posted:

http://nasamidwest.com/docs/track_maps/ACC_paddock_map.pdf

J.

I'll be there running GTS-3 ... I signed up for the 1.5 hour enduro Friday to get some practice laps in and work alittle on car set-up. From the looks of the track map and videos I've been watching, it should be a fun track to drive.

Also, in the pdf you posted, there's a no-parking stripe across North Paddock B & C. I don't think we have to worry about that. Here's the map NASA posted

When I was there last there was a lane left open between the area right by the North course fence and the area where the GTS guys were parked. I think it is indeed a no parking fire/access lane. There were a bunch of big toterhome/tow rigs parked along that area by the North course fence. You may recall seeing them when we were doing the enduro.

BTW, you doing the enduro?

You're not bringing the tent julian? Damn, my kids were all excited because it was so big, they assumed there were clowns, elephants, and trapeze artists inside it!

I hope to be there in GTS3. My motor and trans will be ready for install next week and we hope to wrench everything into shape over the long weekend. I will need a lot of set up work though with many new suspension parts.

I hope to be there in GTS3. My motor and trans will be ready for install next week and we hope to wrench everything into shape over the long weekend. I will need a lot of set up work though with many new suspension parts.

Glad to see you back out so soon after the unfortunate engine fail at Blackhawk. Looks like we're going to have a good GTS attendance. *Dang, I gotta get my game on. 3 is full of some tough customers....... *

From what I understand we'll have at least ten GTS 3 racers at Autobahn. Outstanding.

That's awesome! Who else is planning to be there in GTS2? I know that Nobu and I will be there from the midwest. Scott, Brad, Mike, Enzo, Matt, Wellborn, Sean, etc, you guys coming?

Sounds like a great turnout, looking forward to watching the action!

If any of you guys need any help with the cars or anything I'll be hanging around and running HPDE with my silver E36 328is. I'm a half decent mechanic and always willing to lend a hand!

See you guys at the track,

Luke

Hey guys,

If we're going to have a lot of cars, please register now! It will help establish our on-track priority.

Additionally if you do not have an impound sticker from your region, please let me know ASAP!

Thanks,

Chris

I'm registered & paid up but NASA national "My Events" page still shows me in HPDE4 from when I signed up at Fall Line in Feb. Asked Dave Royce to update it, so it should be corrected soon.

Just wanted to make sure you have me on the list for GTS3. Dyno appt. is next Tues or Wed due to busy current week at my local guy in Mokena. Point being is I will be legit in terms of class for this event!

Edit: Sorry to step on the GTS thread guys, I pulled this out of active topics, and though it was from the MW forum. Glad to hear you guys have a good turnout coming!

On a side note, I'm racing with the PCA next weekend to get in my Road America Fix, and see how they do things. Any advice? Got the car all waxed already .

Edited by Guest

Looks like we should have all the guys back from Gingerman, plus newcomer Tom Stein (welcome!), and Michael Palmer will be back in the Green Machine. Good turnout for 944 Spec as well.

On a side note, I'm racing with the PCA next weekend to get in my Road America Fix, any see how they do things. Any advice? Got the car all waxed already .

Last time I was at a PCA event was at RA, where they disposed of 996s & 997s in the kink like they were Matchbox's and were still having a hard time recognizing 944s as "real" Porsches. These are great cars and in your hands you'll no doubt impress your fellow Porschephiles. Have fun.