Video: USTCC-GT Racecar wins SU @ Thunderhill 8-22-10

NasaRacerx

In-Car Race Video...

Also you can see from my perspective the battles that Oli and Chris were having with the 7s only racecars in ST2. A lot of dicing.. Was fun to watch...

IMG_3778.JPG

2 things making noise....

Broke the clutch actuation rod (it was snapped in half, so the clutch pedal was just flopping around on it's hinge, and nuked the 10 year old auburn cone type diff..... I guess it's time had come...

The diff was dying in the race badly, shuddering the rear end something wicked as it was binding up on itself towards the middle to end of the race...

Good news is Strange had already sent me a new Diff/gearset/bearings to refresh the 12 bolt... So off the shelf those parts go, and into the car.

The engine is a piece of art. It's a 422cui LS3, built by TPiS. It's hard not to smile when you hear it revving to 7500rpm.

I had a few point bys. Most everyone was being very gentlemanly out there. Having raced in SM and Pro-7 I know what it's like to be blown away by the faster cars... Of course its why I generally won't dive under most slower cars going into a turn, like I have seen many SU drivers do... example Turn 8 @ the Hill, when you are flat footed in a miata, and you need to hit the apex, and surprise... someone dives under... makes for some hair raising moments.

• Members
I had a few point bys. Most everyone was being very gentlemanly out there. Having raced in SM and Pro-7 I know what it's like to be blown away by the faster cars... Of course its why I generally won't dive under most slower cars going into a turn, like I have seen many SU drivers do... example Turn 8 @ the Hill, when you are flat footed in a miata, and you need to hit the apex, and surprise... someone dives under... makes for some hair raising moments.

Actually, I drove in both the enduro and both SE30 races that weekend and the biggest problems I had was Miata drivers either racing out of class or just being complete bone heads.

The guy in the green radical type car was pretty ballsy in the enduro. Everyone else was pretty tame. Either that or I was so aware they were comming it didnt suprise me.