'93-'94 ECU

whaden

Anyone have a spare '93-'94 ECU lying around?

Found a '94 motor without an ECU...my '95 ECU wouldn't get it running, but a '94 did.

Subsequent research found that the '95 has a slightly different program and isn't backwards compatible. (confirmation, please)

BTW...big thanks to Mike D for his help in finding this donor!! His selfless tip will most likely get two racers on track more quickly.

• Members
Wow $175 for a used 413 ecu - nice prices! I nabbed mine on ebay for less, but you have to be patient to get a better deal than that.

I may be a broken record, but that's fine: "it will never be cheap, but hopefully cost-efficient."

Anyone have a spare '93-'94 ECU lying around?

Found a '94 motor without an ECU...my '95 ECU wouldn't get it running, but a '94 did.

Subsequent research found that the '95 has a slightly different program and isn't backwards compatible. (confirmation, please)

BTW...big thanks to Mike D for his help in finding this donor!! His selfless tip will most likely get two racers on track more quickly.

but you took the motor I was saving up for when mine blows

haha kidding. lets get you on grid for feb will!...and john...eventually.

-Mike

Maybe the no-start is related to the Theft-Immobilizer function deal...would it fire at all?

Search Bimmerforums for threads on fixing that issue.

I think you're correct...it turned but won't fire. The '94 ECU fired right up. We need an ECU anyway because the '94 motor's one was fried by the water build up issue, apparently.

[quote=lets get you on grid for feb will!...and john...eventually.

-Mike

We just picked it up last night...it certainly will get both of us to grid sooner than later. The tear down is starting today.