Speedcast TV problems?

Ed M.

• Members

Anybody else having problems trying to watch videos from Speedcast? I did a "technical" dry run yesterday to make sure all was working to prepare for watching the racing this weekend and when I go to watch/load a video, the little circle "thingy" just keeps spinning like it's trying to load but nothing ever happens. Tried on several different computers, at home, at a friends house, and at work. Same result - NOTHING...

Am I the only one?

Ed

Ed, I'm sorely disappointed with the reporting of the activities from Utah.

I wouldn't think it'd be that difficult to at least update Mylaps in a timely manner.

Mid-Atlantic has the results from their races updated almost immediately.

Maybe Chris C. could give the Nat'l people some instructions on how to accomplish this.

• Members

Yeah Jody, I know it's a massive feat to put on a National event and I try my hardest not to complain about things, but I have to agree with you...

You'd think that they would have it down to a science by now.

Ed

• Members

I believe only the final Championship race will be broadcast on Speedcast TV

Yes, I realize that but I can't pull up anything (old archived videos they have that you can watch for free). If that doesn't work, I'm sure the live streaming probably won't work either...

I contacted Speedcast and they got back to me saying that it's a problem with MS Silverlight and they are switching to FLASH player for the Championships as this supposedly dosen't have as much support issues. This ought to be good. I hope I didn't just waste 19.99...

Ed

Ed, I'm sorely disappointed with the reporting of the activities from Utah.

I wouldn't think it'd be that difficult to at least update Mylaps in a timely manner.

Mid-Atlantic has the results from their races updated almost immediately.

Maybe Chris C. could give the Nat'l people some instructions on how to accomplish this.

They need to get James Packer out there. He has M-A results on mylaps before we can get out of our cars. Maybe they have some big problem out that we don't know about. There is a lot going on out there.

That Speedcast TV production is a joke ... it didn't work last year and its not working this year ... I buy it every year to watch the race or have my family / sponsors watch it and it never streams properly ... save your money.

E Fisher

They need to get James Packer out there. He has M-A results on mylaps before we can get out of our cars. Maybe they have some big problem out that we don't know about. There is a lot going on out there.

Funny thing is that we got just as many complaints when James WAS at the MidOhio events.... What you don't understand is that it isn't a personnel issue.

Honestly folks, the results are uploaded to mylaps by the system automatically before the last car ever gets off the track for the session.

Speedcast worked for me this year and last. There were a couple hiccups over the course of the weekend but it was worth 20 bucks.

Will someone tell that guy its super TOURING not super TUNING lol

• Members

The broadcast was only scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.

We monitored the broadcast from the announcers booth for both days and it was rock solid. SpeedCast did a fabulous job with the coverage. We also had reports from viewers across several states that said it was terrific. This is the same result for our live timing. The timing feed had internet issues on Thursday and early Friday we had to solve but it was perfect for the Championship races, which is what we focused on.

Last year the satellite uplink went offline which created streaming issues for half a race which was no fault of the SpeedCast crew. Unfortunately, many things in the world rely on several pieces of technology to work.

If you had issues this year on Saturday and Sunday I offer an apology but we did our absolute best to have many redundancies in place. It could have also been problems on the user end since our side showed everything was working as expected.

I watched the 944 race and other than it being a small screen it was fine. John Lindsey did nice job on commentary. Coverage could have ben more pro like, but that would take alot more $$$ to pull off.

At the same time as video I had T&S going so could follow the racing pretty well. Next best thing to being there.

Good Job Guys!

• 2 weeks later...