American Iron Race Day Updates

SVTgrl03

I was there, I watched the dyno pulls.

The cars should have been DQ'd for being over.

The second set of pulls were not performed to the dyno cert procedure. It was done with the purpose of heat soaking the engines to bring the numbers down.

No way around it.

There was a very limited audience for this,

DD

Well there you go, I hope Todd has an announcement to make shortly.

False information.

Posting via BB with one hand on the wheel of a motorhome and trailer six.

Full disclosure tonight once driver duties r done.

Ok, I know some others that would like to have their say in this once they get home and situated as well. I don't why there are a few acting like it's a conspiracy theory and therefore deleting posts, I think there are some here that will speak there piece once they get home. Let people say what they would like to say and then let everyone decide from there.

I was there, I watched the dyno pulls.

The cars should have been DQ'd for being over.

Car(s) plural? There is more than one in question?

Yes, but I guess we should wait for Todd...

I don't need to make his job any harder than it is.

We are not just racers, we are good friends. I should step back and let him take care of this mess. I was trying to fill the gap of info, and then was told my info was false!!

Todd, I heard thing you didn't during the dyno, and I'm sure there are things I did not see or hear too, but calling my post False!! That was just wrong!!

DD

And i was there to Chris(check the time's) I was pretty good too!

John"chop liver" Wheeler !

John I was SUPER excited to see your results too. I didn't mean to omit you specifically. Heck I was stoked to see everyone running! Come on now, you know you're our "favorite"!

Christine

This is what drags the series down. Waiting...... If the car passed than we have a winner. If it(or they) didn't, than we have a new winner.

It's a shame we have to do this all he time.

The AI results on Mylaps are shown as final as of 9/20 with Dean Martin, Dave Royce and Ross Murray in the top three, McMillan DQd for illegal wheel size and Schlender repositioned to 6th for contact.

Can someone explain MacMillan's illegal wheel size violation better? Seems like a rookie mistake to show up with the wrong set of wheels, hard for me to believe MacMillan would make that mistake.

Christine

Christine,

Only Bryan can provide an explanation.

The front wheels measured 17x9 (PASS)

The rear wheels measured 17x10 (FAIL)

It was a heartbreaker though, as he drove an amazing race in that Griggs Fox Body car and gave everyone a run for their money. Personally, I thought it was an awesome sight to see the old Fox running neck & neck with the new 2011 5.0 Rehagan Mustang. It was a great race and I can't wait to watch the replay!

-=- Todd

Sure was a good race. Would have been different outcome knowing what i know now. That's too bad about McMillan. Bonehead move. I would like a better explanation of the dyno procedures. It seems to me that if you fail the first time on the dyno, that should be it. In theory, 1st thru 3rd would have been dq'd??? Wow what a difference that race would have been knowing that running in 4th most of the race. Anyway, had a blast racing with everyone and see you all next year with the new and improved green machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy,

FYI, my car did pull over my stated HP/TQ on the window sticker, but easily passed the required HP/TQ to weight rule as I like many in the class carry extra weight to ensure compliance, I did not receive or need additional pulls from the first 3. Why do you feel I should be DQd ??

Ross Murray AI 74

I don't feel you should be DQ'd. I feel that Macmillan was 2nd and was dq'd for illegal wheels. I feel that the 1st and 3rd should have been dq'd for dyno issues. If you run your car that close to the numbers, that's the risk you take. I, as you, also run a little heavy for a correction factor. I feel that now, after hearing everything that happened with the dyno, the results are probably close to correct for 1st and 2nd. I have no problem with you as i know you ran a good honest race. Now that i hear that there was problems with the dyno, i can no longer accuse 1st and 2nd of being over. I can though question it as they were way to close to the numbers even after they heat soaked the engines. I don't agree with any rule changes being made to allow a 2nd run on the dyno with the hoods off. I do realize the temp sender on the dyno mat have been incorrect throwing off the numbers. Who knows. I do believe changes do need to be made. 1 is do the ceremonies after tech and final results. Not before. You were robbed of a podium when everyone was there. I was robbed of a podium making a bonehead move. We all learn from these lessons and hopefully change for the better. Watch out next year at Mid Ohio. I will be there with lesons learned