944 National Championship Race

BigKeyserSoze

For my money, your group put on the race of the weekend.

I do not know who the kid is that was driving the green 944 that finished second, but I loved the dive bomb move in the last turn to try to win. The move did not work, but I really liked the effort. Great race guys.

-Scott

The driver was 16 year old Tyler Palmer from SoCal. Tyler join the 944 Spec group just a few months ago.

In his rookie 944 race at Buttonwillow, Tyler dogged me for most of the last half of the race. On the last lap, I pinched him to the inside and he still made the pass on me. I had the better exit angle and we went door to door down the kinked straight. I was determined not to let him out brake me at the next corner. He not only out braked me but made one of the best passes I have seen.

You can see the pass at http://www.youtube.com/squidmobile

Clean pass, Tyler is a good shoe. he gets the most out of the car no matter what.

He has been racing Karts since 8 years old. He will be tough to beat.

Maybe I am getting out just in time

Thanks for the compliments guys. Tyler has been a racer since he was a small boy. He has been at the track 3 weekends a month since He was eight years old. He has raced against the best that Calif IKF Region 7 has to offer growing up, and has finished in front of all of them. In 2009 He won six championships in one year, no one has ever done that in 50 years of the International Karting Federation. That was a super way to leave karting. He has really adapted well to Porsches, His car is raced prepped by Black Forest Porsche in San Diego. That has been a big help . Also all the advise from Our good friend Mr. Charlie B. has also been very helpful . Tylers sights are looking forward to Ohio next year. Hope to seen you all at the track soon. # 4 Tylers Dad.

Hi Greg,

I had a great time racing with Tyler- he did a great job and he's a great kid. Being an "Old School" karter myself from the IKF Norcal region, it's obvious that he's well on his way.

Just be sure he doesn't take an 18 year hiatus from racing like I did...

Take care,

David you did a super job of driving in that championship race making sure you got to that finish line I'm sure Tyler won't be away from the track as long as you were . Greg

Charlie I'm SURE you will get that car to handle very soon Were just happy to be back to near sea level where our car likes it. See you soon Greg

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the compliments guys. Tyler has been a racer since he was a small boy. He has been at the track 3 weekends a month since He was eight years old. He has raced against the best that Calif IKF Region 7 has to offer growing up, and has finished in front of all of them. In 2009 He won six championships in one year, no one has ever done that in 50 years of the International Karting Federation. That was a super way to leave karting. He has really adapted well to Porsches, His car is raced prepped by Black Forest Porsche in San Diego. That has been a big help . Also all the advise from Our good friend Mr. Charlie B. has also been very helpful . Tylers sights are looking forward to Ohio next year. Hope to seen you all at the track soon. # 4 Tylers Dad.

Looking foward to to all the talent we'll see at Mid-O next year! It's a great track with very fun elevation changes - they don't call it madness for nothing!