Congratualtions to Ron Farmer

TexaST-1

• Members
Ron's been kicking ass locally for a while - good to see him take the wood to everyone else! Congrats man!!

Heres the "REST OF THE STORY"!

Ron was at the track when I got there tuesday afternoon. They had a misfire they couldnt diagnose. THe car was down on power and his crew were all over the car trying to figure it out. I think the dyno guys call him by first name now and have added him to their Xmas list!

Ron borrowed a PTA car to run in the qualifying races. Saturday was a day off for group D and the team finally found the problem and fixed it. To go from "I dont have a car" on saturday morning to "National Champion" on Sunday is a Cinderella story if I ever hoid one! Congrats Ron and team!

Just goes to show you, rule #1, "you cant win if you dont show up" and rule #2, "never give up".

I guess the Boyscouts visit on saturday proved lucky for Ron and the crew!

Ron is a great competitor and a fantastic guy. I was so bummed about his failure in 2009 so I am very happy he got everything together for the championship race, I was watching his progression intently.

Congrats Ron, see you at Mid Ohio!!!

Ron's been kicking ass locally for a while - good to see him take the wood to everyone else! Congrats man!!

I don't mean to diminish the glory of Ron's victory, but I do quibble with the phrase "take wood." The guy who was "taking wood" to everyone at both qualifying sessions and qualifying races, and who was leading the race until his engine blew, was John Gordon. If he had won the race, to me, that is "taking wood" everyone.

Ron won a great race, but as usual, there was a certain amount of serendepity, good and bad, that played into everyone's race.

Oli

• Members

I don't mean to diminish the glory of Ron's victory, but I do quibble with the phrase "take wood." The guy who was "taking wood" to everyone at both qualifying sessions and qualifying races, and who was leading the race until his engine blew, was John Gordon. If he had won the race, to me, that is "taking wood" everyone.

Ron won a great race, but as usual, there was a certain amount of serendepity, good and bad, that played into everyone's race.

Oli

Absolutely Oli.

There were a few on track mistakes that definately led to Rons ability to take the P1 spot. Not to mention the mechanical failures of others too, there were some heart break stories that never even made it on track. But hey, thats racing, you just never know. Im pretty sure it was the best racing at the event. Best group of guys and I dont think there was one Contact form turned in the entire week? Can anyone back me up on that? and I had John Stokes in my group, I mean COME ON!!!!

As some of you know we used GPS intensively for compliance testing and we never once found anyone out of compliance in Group D. So I applaud everyone for bringing to the event, legal cars as I expect from my Gentleman racers. Congrats to all.

There is one other great story about the ST1 winner but ill save that for another thread......

Great job Ron and crew, those guys worked there tails off getting the car up and running. Ron did ran a great race with the same never say die additude that his crew had getting the car together. Congrats Ron, see you at Mid-O next year.

Joel

Congrats Ron! Im impressed how they got his car ready. And then he went to win it from the back. Whats funny is i let Ron by thinking he was some ST1 straggler. Ill post my in-car when its done.

As for John Gordon, he was definitely the guy to beat in ST2. He won both Qualifying races, and ran in the 2:03. A lot of people broke down before the final race. John ended up breaking down in the National race. That sucks for him, but thats racing. Weve all been there. Best of luck to everyone next year.

Oli

ROFL, I just thought it was some sort of Gay Texas thing, I was just glad Ron didn't take the wood over to me last year. Here in MI we keep our wood under wraps unless of course we are with a lady friend so bringing your wood to the whole ST2 field would be frowned upon in these parts.

So at Mid Ohio keep your wood in your pit