Glock Guru

Any chance to visit Barber in 2011

Glock Guru

Is BMP in the SE region of NASA? Any chance of getting an open date there in 2011?

-Troy

sperkins

I sure hope so.

Whaler167
I sure hope so.

Yea, I am all for an event at Barber!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about it K. Brewer, It would be the closest SE event for you!

Mike Simard

Word!

Barber is a wonderful track.

LMan

We've been there at least twice.

IIRC, costs have become prohibitive at this point as far as returning again.

Jim P.

We are talking to a new track in New Orleans... details soon!

kbrew8991

Barber or Nola works great

still trying hard to make Dec Road Atl work. Its a $$$ thing, looks makeable now though

trhoads

New Orleans...wow, that would be a serious hike.

BMP is great, I love it, going there in November, but they are not friendly to the HPDE convertibles, lots of restrictions. I would love to see NASA-SE go back there, BMP is my favorite track.

Varkwso
We are talking to a new track in New Orleans... details soon!

We better bring bail money for Fred...

jason

NO in Feb, season opener, Mardi Gras. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm in.

Jim P.
NO in Feb, season opener, Mardi Gras. What could possibly go wrong?

I'm in.

I am not sure the new track will be ready in Feb - but I like your thinking!

Drumrboy

I guess Jim being silent on Barber means "no" for 2011. The economics thing is understandable, just too bad because its such a great track.

Lemming
I guess Jim being silent on Barber means "no" for 2011. The economics thing is understandable, just too bad because its such a great track.

Lot's of other opportunities to run Barber. PBOC has two events per year (March and November). I'm pretty sure that the Alabama PCA is putting on 3 DE's next year (not limited to Porsches). The BMW Octoberfest will be held in Barber in 2011. Chin has one date in October at Barber. And last but not least, SCCA has a Labor day race at Barber each year.

sperkins

It’s hard for me to imagine that NASA SE can’t bring enough folks to that track to be profitable.

Other smaller clubs run there all the time. How are they managing to pull it off?

mhoward1

I will say Barber has one of the highest rental fees in the country. It makes it hard to run there for ANY club.

robbodleimages

My opinion only. Barber is fun to drive on(DE), but sucks to race on. sucks even worse when you have a V8 car. I watch the carnage at the Grand Am race and the zero passing in the Indycar race as examples that even the best drivers can't race 4 wheel vehicles there.

Plus, yes its very expensive. I miss Golden Rule. Thats really all I miss about not going to Barber.

kbrew8991

I had no issues picking off SE30s and SMs (that I could catch) under braking... but I'm also not the biggest fan of the layout - very point'n'shoot.

That said I'd still tow out there to race with my SE people! A bit of Texas and possibly Midwest cross-promotion could help make up for any far east coast people that wouldn't want to go I'd guess

Lemming
I had no issues picking off SE30s and SMs (that I could catch) under braking... but I'm also not the biggest fan of the layout - very point'n'shoot.

That said I'd still tow out there to race with my SE people! A bit of Texas and possibly Midwest cross-promotion could help make up for any far east coast people that wouldn't want to go I'd guess

The guys driving the big V8's don't like being beat by Miata's and 944's

robbodleimages

i would go. but anything alan wilson is never high on my list of fun. i saw some incar of dean martin at barber in the grand am car and he never gets past 3rd gear. you are off the gas more than on it.

new track in no, la

http://www.nolamotor.com/

I guess I could do that once as well. Long way away though.

edit: ugh....alan wilson did the nola track

King Tut

Either Barber or NOLA Motorsports Park would be great. I would love to see a weekend somewhere in the Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana area. Was No Problems Raceway in LA ever considered? It is now called the Circuit Grand Bayou:

http://www.circuitgrandbayou.com/

The existing road course is 1.8 miles and consists of 14 turns. Food and drinks are available. Visitors are always welcome. A new, state-of-the-art road course, consisting of 2.2 miles and 12 turns is scheduled to be completed by Fall of 2011.

kbrew8991
i would go. but anything alan wilson is never high on my list of fun. i saw some incar of dean martin at barber in the grand am car and he never gets past 3rd gear. you are off the gas more than on it.

new track in no, la

http://www.nolamotor.com/

I guess I could do that once as well. Long way away though.

edit: ugh....alan wilson did the nola track

reminds me of the road course at O'Rilley Raceway Park near Indy - which is a fun fast layout I hear. If that's a quarter mile dragstrip in the middle that straight could be about half a mile total

Miller is an AW track too and its fun. As long as they're not saddled with a small oddly shaped lot I wouldn't say its doomed just because its an AW track....

jimbow

At least AMP should be a go in 2011!!!

Jim - is it going to be scheduled in October - or are we going to get to go there twice????

robbodleimages

if new orleans is going to be nasa se, its probably time to split nasa se into two divisions for racing. jim is going to need more staff to run the events.

Firebird Man
if new orleans is going to be nasa se, its probably time to split nasa se into two divisions for racing. jim is going to need more staff to run the events.

Agreed.

In this area alone (upstate SC) we could have by 2012;

AMP

CMP

Roebling

R-P (2012 in Gaffney)

RA

As well as CMS and NCCAR, but neither supports all classes.

These are all short haul tracks, doubtful I'd haul 10+ hours to N.O. with so many tracks close by. Even Barber is a pretty long haul, about at my limit other than maybe Nationals at Mid Ohio.

Shawn T.
It’s hard for me to imagine that NASA SE can’t bring enough folks to that track to be profitable.

Other smaller clubs run there all the time. How are they managing to pull it off?

I totally agree. Barber is my favorite track and it sucks that NASA does not go there.

If I can tow 13+ hours to CMP from Memphis, you spoiled NC folks can at least tow once a year to Barber...all we have to do is show up and we will have an event there every year. I am sure Jim can figure out how to make it profitable.

So figure it out...