Glock Guru

Any chance to visit Barber in 2011

mcmmotorsports

shhh... stay tuned...

No wonder you wont return my txt's....someone's been busy.

You have been blocked I heard

Oh no, what is it liked to be blocked? I know you are too.

Jim P.

shhh... stay tuned...

No wonder you wont return my txt's....someone's been busy.

That reminds me, I have an open trailer I'll sell you - it came with 4 wheels and now it only has three... seems it doesn't like 5000 lb trucks being hauled on it even though the axles are rated at 7000 lbs...

mcmmotorsports

Lemming
I can live with that price tag IF they run it like Chin - open PB passing anywhere on track - for the solo guys that is. Even better would be like PBOC superSolo group or HPDE4 Thanks for the heads up!

I was incorrect, if you sign up for the entire weekend it is $450 for students and $125 for instructors (only one student). That price is inline with most groups at Barber (PBOC, PCA, BMW) and with 2.5 hrs of tack time per day is hard to beat.

Varkwso
I can live with that price tag IF they run it like Chin - open PB passing anywhere on track - for the solo guys that is. Even better would be like PBOC superSolo group or HPDE4 Thanks for the heads up!

I was incorrect, if you sign up for the entire weekend it is $450 for students and $125 for instructors (only one student). That price is inline with most groups at Barber (PBOC, PCA, BMW) and with 2.5 hrs of tack time per day is hard to beat.

Paying for the opportunity to instruct causes me vision problems. Cannot see myself doing it...

LMan

At least they are consistent...you have the opportunity to pay to be a corner worker/'volunteer' also....

Lemming

Tracks cost the same whether you have 80 participants or 300. With 300, you end up with 6 or more run groups and less than 60 minutes of track time per day (not to mention a boatload of cars in each run group). Or you can limit the number of participates to less than 80 and offer 2.5 hours of track time and 3 run groups. Obviously the latter costs more per driver but interestingly costs less per minute of track time for students.

I'm fine with paying a greatly reduced track fee as an instructor as long as I get a lot of track time and only have one student. IMO the best deal for instructors has always been Chin, lots of track time and only one student. Of course that means the students pay a premium for their weekend. Our local PCA charges instructors $150 for the weekend but they allow instructors to run in any run group as long as they obey the rules of that run group. This is in addition to the pass-anywhere instructor run group.

I hope that NASA does come back to Barber, but also realize that if they do, prices will likely be 400+ for the weekend and track time will be 60 minutes or less per day (last time NASA-SE was at Barber HPDE/TT paid $399).

GeneSplicer

I'm still good at that price tag - but I've been hauling out to RA lately b/c it's more a weekend getaway. By the time hotel and fuel expenses add up, I'm at the same costs regardless. But I know there's not a whole lot of you guys west of the GA/AL line, so travel time adds up. I don't think Nasa-se would have a big problem filling the slots, problem leis in that Nasa-se has so many different groups - all the other clubs here filled up all slots, except Audi club last year ('09) - they got raped... Seems Barber caters well to the HPDE clubs, maybe not so much for the others.

chuck schultz
At least they are consistent...you have the opportunity to pay to be a corner worker/'volunteer' also....
Where did that come from? You talkin' about the pro events? Please do a little fact checking.

The "volunteers" who pay are folks who interact with the spectators, haul trash, etc., and get a discount on a couple sets of tickets. The folks in the second-best seats in the house are reimbursed a per-diem for expenses.

timz06

Mid south sounds cool, but those tracks are pretty bad...Barber being the best. NASA at little Talledega?

kbrew8991

not everywhere is as blessed as you guys in the topography department

The flatter stuff should be on par with CMP and Roebling at least I can see myself making some of their events so I'm interested to see the schedule

robbodleimages
Mid south sounds cool, but those tracks are pretty bad...Barber being the best. NASA at little Talledega?

being fair, if they run their events at new orleans, barber and nashville, the could put together a respectable schedule.

memphis, i dont know about. little talladega could make sense for a de venue. its oftely close to barber to need it for a prime venue.

jason

Definitely an underserved area and the Taylors are great people. Good news!

PushinTheLimit

I like the Mid South idea... 2-3 tracks that are close to home to run on possibly. I'm up for that.

Jim P.

See.... I told you to stay tuned! Congratulations Shawn & Mike!

FYI - Julie & I are helping the Taylors with all of their events for the first couple of years - so you'll see many familiar faces when you come to their events!

LMan
Where did that come from? You talkin' about the pro events? Please do a little fact checking.

The "volunteers" who pay are folks who interact with the spectators, haul trash, etc., and get a discount on a couple sets of tickets. The folks in the second-best seats in the house are reimbursed a per-diem for expenses.

It may have changed in the recent past, but I'll dig up some zoom motorsports info they sent me from a year or two ago that proves the point. Im not talking about folks in the buckets, thats another matter.

LMan

Jim, do you know when the Mid-South's website is going "hot"?

Jim P.
Jim, do you know when the Mid-South's website is going "hot"?

Soon... I understand -

Falcon

ahhhh...errr...Jim I'm no marketing genius, but won't this dilute both regions to an extent? Yea, I know RA will be a popular crossover event and possibly Barber, but I would think there would be a large siphoning of participants from CMP, Roebling, Charlotte and NCCAR for example.

I wish them all the best, and will do what I can to help them become successful.

Good Luck, guys!

robbodleimages

i think jim's experience already is that he cant get people from atlanta to go to barber much less charlotte and east.

new orleans is out of the question. i dont see it as any more competition than events at summit point or mid ohio to be honest.

kbrew8991

more than 4-5hr tows starts to make things hard for people that can only get away after 5pm on a Friday and have to be back at work bright & early 8am Monday morning. I see this new region as perfectly placed to serve an area that would otherwise face 8+hr tows to their closest NASA events.

King Tut

I plan to frequent most of their events living in the NW corner of Florida along with the closer Southeast tracks like Road Atlanta and Roebling. I definitely didn't enjoy the long haul to CMP last year, and I only did it because of the IFU4.

kbrew8991

That sparked a thought - I'm interested to see if SpecE30 or 944-Spec will be more populated in this region. You've got the SpecE30 stronghold to the east, but out towards the west in TX and north in Midwest you've got 944-Spec growing strongly. Will be interesting to see