Glock Guru

Any chance to visit Barber in 2011

Whaler167
I plan to frequent most of their events living in the NW corner of Florida along with the closer Southeast tracks like Road Atlanta and Roebling. I definitely didn't enjoy the long haul to CMP last year, and I only did it because of the IFU4.

I’m also in NWF and all the hauls are long from here. I have already registered for 5 of the SE events this year but am looking forward to opportunities at Barber - only 4 hours tow!

I just need to twist the wife’s arm a little to squeeze in a couple more events with the new Mid South region.

jason

Even from east TN CMP is a haul and RR was twice as far. Lots of track rats in Nashville and west that are looking for more track days.

chuck schultz
NASA Mid South?

http://www.nasaproracing.com/2011/01/nasa-introduces-the-mid-south.html

Well that's rather interesting.

I'm glad to see that this is official. I knew they were considering this move, and will support them as much as I can at TGPR, NSS, Barber, and Memphis, either as an entrant or as a volunteer. I just wish I had a more stable work schedule, so I could commit to something specific.

stevelaclair

I know details obviously can't be divulged but should one anticipate running barber with NASA this year or will it be a 2012 thing? I've never been there and have been strongly anticipating the possibility.

chuck schultz
It may have changed in the recent past, but I'll dig up some zoom motorsports info they sent me from a year or two ago that proves the point. Im not talking about folks in the buckets, thats another matter.
I've worked seven Grand-Am weekends there, and a couple AMA weekends, and the only money I spent was on gas to get there and souvenirs. Their volunteer program, run directly by Zoom, is separate from the race staff, which is coordinated by FBF.

beretta

This is great news! I am in West TN. Road Atlanta I really like, but it is 7 1/2 hours for me, that is about as far out as i can go. I am 2 hours from Nashville and only 1 hour from Memphis, 4 1/2 to Barber. Memphis Motorsports Park was just bought about a month ago, so I hope it is included in the schedule, I hear there is a lot of grass growing up thru the cracks in the asphalt. I have run Memphis and Nashville, and really like Memphis better, the transition off and on the front straight at Nashville is a little uncomfortable

I look forward to supporting the Mid South Region!

08Bullitt0572

I was happy to hear of the new region. I am in a pretty good location - less than 3 hours to Barber and TGPR, about 1 hour and 20 minutes to Road Atlanta and AMP, and about 4 hours to CMP and Roebling. Better start saving my lunch money.