2011 Rules Silly Season - Closed

tacovini

David: The problem with the way you've written your rules is that it's too locked down. "These structures may not be removed, relocated, lightened, modified in any way, except as specifically defined in section 7.3.2"

Example, strut towers. Mine have holes in them from screwing the plastic inner fenders to them. Technically, my car is illegal because I've modified it. Any stripped out hole is now a lightening hole. Anyone who's cut a hole in the tower to pass through a remote reservoir shock is now illegal.

I say leave the rules the way they are written. If you want a locked down rule set, there are plenty of sand boxes that can accomodate you.

If the change does happen, we need to decide if we're building cars to the letter of the rules or spirit of the rules. If the rule book is going to get thick and we're allowed to build to the letter of the rules, we can get a whole lot more wild.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• nape

• mcmmotorsports

• TurboShortBus

I would agree with TJ on this one, let's leave these alone as written. As you look at the cars in the paddock, we seem to have pretty much all done similar things in this area, so the rules may not be perfect but seem to be getting the job done. As David says he figured it out by looking at some other cars.

Here is my recommendation for the 2011 rules:

Don't change anything for 2-3 years. There seems to be an evolution every year, but we need to also give the series a time to settle down and see how things work for a couple of years then make changes or modifications based on how various cars are performing over a longer period of time rather than a brief 2 month window.

that is all.

Here is my recommendation for the 2011 rules:

Don't change anything for 2-3 years. There seems to be an evolution every year, but we need to also give the series a time to settle down and see how things work for a couple of years then make changes or modifications based on how various cars are performing over a longer period of time rather than a brief 2 month window.

that is all.

Agreed.

Now if I could only get the damn engines to survive, I'll be racing.