2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Ready To Tow...

Ben Carufel

Folks,

Now that I've sold my trailer, the tow vehicle is up for sale as well. Here's the info:

It's an '02 Chevy Silverado 1500HD. The 1500HD is unique, as you may or may not know, because it got the 8-lug axles from the 2500 (for increased payload and towing capacity) and the 6.0L Vortec motor from the 2500, without the bumpy suspension and 8' long bed of the 2500. So, it's still small enough to not be a complete pain to drive around town, yet it has much more power than the regular 1500 which only had a 5.3L engine at best. This truck also has the 3.73 rear differential. With this gear ratio, the tow rating is almost 9,000lbs. Swap the gears to a 4.10 ratio (this was a factory option), and your tow rating bumps to 10,500lbs.

If you'd like to CarFax it, the VIN# is: 1GCGC13U72F107475.

It's 2WD (no 4WD transfer case to replace!). 107,000 miles. Condition is nearly perfect. There are a few small dings in the rear bumper, a few small scratches here and there (no long key marks, they're literally small scratches), and a few cracks in the leather on the drivers armrest.

I'm the 2nd owner. I bought it last year from the first owner in Los Angeles. It's never spent any time in the snow, so no rust at all. The previous owner never even towed with it, though it's got the factory tow package. To that I've added a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller ($150) and a set of CIPA clip on extended width towing mirrors ($75). I'm also including two 3" drop-downs, one with a 2" ball and one with a 2 5/16" ball (about $30 each).

I have *all records* for the truck since new. April '09 it got a set of spark plugs and new spark plug wires as well as a fuel filter and air filter (at 85,884 miles) for a total of just over $500. In January '10 it got a full dealer inspection and service with another new fuel and air filter (just as preventive maintenance), tire rotation, and the $100 passenger compartment air filter replaced. That service was just over $300. Then I installed four new Bilstein shocks and struts (cost of about $300, I did the labor). Also in January it got new Polk Audio speakers all round (front and rear doors), for a total of $150 (I installed these myself). Then in March the truck got a Peripheral brand iPod connection unit, which installed inside the dash and allows the iPod/iPhone to plug in and charge as well as play digitally through the stock stereo. That was another $150, with me doing the installation.

Finally, in August of this year, with 105,800 miles on the truck, I had the water pump, thermostat, upper & lower hoses, and both belts replaced. The cooling system was refilled with Extended Life GM Coolant. At the same time, the shop drained and refilled the rear differential with high end fully synthetic Motul 75W90 differential fluid. Also, they replaced the automatic transmission filter and refilled the transmission with fully synthetic Motul transmission fluid, for a total bill of $700. Then last week, I had a Line-X bedliner sprayed into the bed at a cost of $565.

I just paid the registration last week; It's valid through September 23, 2011. That was $325.

The truck has full leather (see the attached photo of the window sticker) and the front seats are fully power, 6-way with seat heaters. The leather is in great shape, with only the small cracks on the drivers seat armrest to detratct from it being "perfect". Also, the rear seats fold fully flat to create an extremely useful storage space behind the driver and passenger, so that valuable equipment can be left in the truck and the not-so-valuable stuff can be left in the bed when stopping.

Essentially, it needs nothing. I planned to keep this truck indefinitely and always serviced/treated it with that in mind, but since I've sold the trailer I have no need for a truck -- my every day car is a station wagon and I can carry what I need to carry in that just fine.

I'm asking $13,750 OBO for the truck.

I will of course have it smogged before the sale, and I'm planning to give it a good polishing (I did professional car detailing a few years ago and still have quite a bit of equipment and supplies) before any new owner picks it up.

Oh, and I'm happy to deliver this anywhere in the Continental US for the cost of gas and a plane ticket home.

Attached are a handful of pictures I snapped this morning. If you're looking for any particular photos, please let me know.

I can be reached at bencarufel at gmail dot com. If you'd like to chat about the truck on the phone, email me a contact number and I'll call you.

silverado1500hd-1.jpg

silverado1500hd-2.jpg

silverado1500hd-3.jpg

silverado1500hd-4.jpg

silverado1500hd-5.jpg

silverado1500hd-6.jpg

silverado1500hd-7.jpg

silverado1500hd-8.jpg

silverado1500hd-9.jpg