#71 AIX working through the AI field

Grizlbits

N i i i i i i i ce !!!!!!

I saw 174 on the front straight. That's hauling the mail

It may be a little faster, the camera is a touch behind actual. I did verify 181.x on a qualifying lap with the GPS. But yes, it is a hell of a ride, and some pucker factor when hitting the brakes.

"Named him after a man of the cloth.....called him Amos Moses...."

Pretty spectacular when you realize we're all out there pedaling as hard as we can.

Oh, and thanks Chris for the above tune that's been going around, and around, and around, and around....you get the picture!

Pretty spectacular when you realize we're all out there pedaling as hard as we can.

I showed my wife, I said "you know those AI cars that are always flying around track? Well, those are the cars getting passed like they are stopped"

What tranny is that? Sounds awesome.

It's Jerico 5 Speed road race version. Actually, I don't like the way it is setup. It came with the car. 1st & 2nd gear are too tall, 3, 4, & 5 are too close. It was setup for a 347 GT1 motor that needed to keep the RPM's high. I have enough torque that I don't need that close of ratios. It will be entirely regeared this winter.

• 3 weeks later...

what's is it like to shift one of those? is there a sharp learning curve? i've tried a big truck with a 8LL a few times and it drove me nuts. you have to shift way to often and have major problems if i miss a gear. i have to basically bring it to a stop and start over again. i don't toe-heel so don't have much experience at rev matching. thanks!

• 2 months later...

7.1 Performance

Any performance modification is allowed provided the car meets the class power to weight ratio rule and

complies with the class configuration specifications defined in Section 4. Alcohol or methanol injection is

NOT allowed. American Iron Extreme cars are unrestricted in all performance modifications with the

exception of using Nitrous Oxide power adder systems. Use of Nitrous Oxide power adder systems is

specifically outlawed. NOTE – Effective 2012, V8 (and larger) engine AI cars must be naturally

aspirated and may not use turbochargers or superchargers. AIX & 4/6 cylinder cars will remain

unrestricted with regards to power adders per this section.

What tranny is that? Sounds awesome.

It's Jerico 5 Speed road race version. Actually, I don't like the way it is setup. It came with the car. 1st & 2nd gear are too tall, 3, 4, & 5 are too close. It was setup for a 347 GT1 motor that needed to keep the RPM's high. I have enough torque that I don't need that close of ratios. It will be entirely regeared this winter.

Chris, just wondering if you knew what ratios are in that 5 spd. I have 2-4 spd Jericos ( one is a little wider spreed ). One was for the Mustang but after running them both in the stock car I think my Mustang is going to need a 5 spd. Small c.i. and lots of rpm. Just trying to get an Idea where to start.

I don't know what the ratios are yet. I will know in a few weeks when I take it apart. It is probably what you want with the close ratios.