CR Lip for s2000

s2k4TTC

"Anything that doesn't come on the base model must take points"

Well or something like that is stated on your classification form.

Thats kinda shitty.

does the CR Lip add points to the s2000??

I read the Aerodynamics rule 2):

2) Add, replace or modify a single front splitter/spoiler/wing/foil +3 (note: This part may

extend horizontally past the side of the vehicle no greater than five inches. If any portion of

this part that protrudes from the side of vehicle is not parallel to the ground, then additional

points must be assessed for canards in 4) below.) (note: No material or part may extend the

vertical reach of the OEM front fascia without taking fascia modification points above.)

to mean +3 points for an AP2 that adds the lip. You could argue an AP1 that adds an AP2 front bumper cover and the lip needs to take +6 points (also taking points for rule 1)). Then hope they also don't make you add +2 for it not being parallel to ground on the sides (canards).

Just curious, Thinking of building the car for TTB! since there coming back to mid ohio it would be fun to come back and run again.

Greg commented in my thread about trying to get my CR classed as a regular AP2: posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=273239

The front "Lip" will actually take +3 points for fascia, +3 points for splitter, and +2 points for canards.

I don't know if this is entirely correct because the fascia for the CR is the same as all AP2's. Also not sure what counts as a splitter and what counts as canards.

well its pretty much half way there, just need to finish the head work, get track wheels and buy the r comps, what has me really excited is that i would be able to run on hoosier's. I may just do it, so i can go have some fun with greg at mid o

ok but the real question here is, does anyone think the s2000 can be competative in B?

Yes, the S2000 can be competitive. And to boot, you have the best S2000 platform to work with. On a horsepower track, my skill is such that a prepped M3 will beat me, but anything that requires agile handling, the S2000 can compete. That is to say, I do not believe I possess the talent to drive around the lack of power. You, on the other hand, do.

Skip

The front "Lip" will actually take +3 points for fascia, +3 points for splitter, and +2 points for canards.

I don't know if this is entirely correct because the fascia for the CR is the same as all AP2's. Also not sure what counts as a splitter and what counts as canards.

Take a good look at the lip. It extends past the fascia, so that's why it's a splitter. Those extensions aren't completely horizontal so it counts as fascia modification as well. And those angles on the sides are canards.

ok but the real question here is, does anyone think the s2000 can be competative in B?

Yes, the S2000 can be competitive. And to boot, you have the best S2000 platform to work with. On a horsepower track, my skill is such that a prepped M3 will beat me, but anything that requires agile handling, the S2000 can compete. That is to say, I do not believe I possess the talent to drive around the lack of power. You, on the other hand, do.

Skip

Skip, Its all seat time really, the more seat time the faster you will be. thanks for those words. Im trying to get a hold of Matt to see if he will let me run his car some time in the winter @ VIR again. I need my fix.

just need to finish the head work

Hey Rene, how extensive is the "head work" that are you talking about?

Mark

Just Cam's, titanium springs/retainers/seats and may shave the head but not sure. Injectors and switch to E-85

Just Cam's, titanium springs/retainers/seats and may shave the head but not sure. Injectors and switch to E-85

Nice...it sounds like a base reclass may be in order, too.

Mark

Being able to reflash makes those mods worth investigating. Too bad the first six model years can't do that.

And I'm still trying to figure out the reason for adding 40lbs to the AP1. :scratcheshead: At one time I added up the point differences between the AP1 and AP2 before and after the rule changes. That's where I came up with the best years to have were 2006+. To actually track the car competitively, you had to run B or C, so the bump up of the AP2(+7 pts) wasn't really a backbreaker.

Points taken before rule change or the result of change:

+3 - Reflash

+1 - 245(TTD) --> 255(TTC)

+2 - AP1 weight: 2810 lbs --> 2850 lbs(AP2 was always 2850)

+3 - Swapping to an AP2 transmission

Now reflashes are zero points, but the S's that can take advantage of them do not see the gains that most other cars do simply by virtue of the good factory tune.

Enough babbling. My point was that I believe if you're going to campaign an S, the 2006+ MY's are the way to go.

Mark

For him or are you suggesting it for all S's?

Mark

For him or are you suggesting it for all S's?

For the S2000 that Rene is building and discussing. Unless, of course, all S2000s out there swap camshafts, mill the heads, change injectors, and run on E85.

Mark

yeah that sounds like it has the potential to come out ahead with a hp/weight reclass for sure

My car's comp weight is 2690 lbs. I make no more than 200 whp on a DynoJet. Or 13.45:1. If Rene is at the same weight and making 240 whp, that's 11.2:1.

With E85, he could make even more hp.

** Added: A TTB S2000 could conceivably have 253 whp @ 2600 lbs if points allowed him/her to get to that hp number. Personally, I'd prefer 244 whp @ 2505lbs. Either way, that would be a very fast sled.

Edited by Guest

Mark

What do you mean by that?