UTCC issue of GRM came today!

1LapSRT

I got beat by a neon

Yes...Yes you did!

You should be used to it by now?

ain't ran into any in TTA yet

After the UTCC, I put 80-90 lbs in the car for TTA sat/sun, and 20mm skinnier tires (scrubs, UTCC were stickers) and went quicker

what is your best time at VIR? I am hoping to make it up next weekend and see what the new set-up will do in cool air.

I got beat by a neon

Yes...Yes you did!

After the UTCC, I put 80-90 lbs in the car for TTA sat/sun, and 20mm skinnier tires (scrubs, UTCC were stickers) and went quicker

what is your best time at VIR? I am hoping to make it up next weekend and see what the new set-up will do in cool air.

If I moved the start/finish on my traqmate to the 1 marker in turn one, I actually ran a 2:04.1xx. My fast lap came after following the pace car down the hill and I ended up crossing S/F exacty 10mph slower than usual.

Then we popped the hood and noticed this....

0803102141.jpg

I was looking for a 2:00, but I think with a boost leak like that and the heat, it wasn't going to happen.

Now my motor is at the machine shop so I had to email Laura and cancel my reservation at VIR for this weekend!

Wait until March. If it's dry, I will get my time!

I got beat by a neon

Yes...Yes you did!

High temps in the mid 70's with clear and sunny skies....!!!!!!

Yes...Yes you did!

High temps in the mid 70's with clear and sunny skies....!!!!!!

Sure.... rub it in!

Now my motor is at the machine shop so I had to email Laura and cancel my reservation at VIR for this weekend!

Wait until March. If it's dry, I will get my time!

How many motors/rebuilds you had in that car?

I was looking for a 2:00,

that's quick. TTA has more, but I dunno if it's got that much more.

sunday after UTCC I did a 2:05.3 in TT and had to pretty much park it behind a miata at the top of the esses, and pass him on the inside of 10. no telling how much time I lost there.

I was looking for a 2:00,

that's quick. TTA has more, but I dunno if it's got that much more.

sunday after UTCC I did a 2:05.3 in TT and had to pretty much park it behind a miata at the top of the esses, and pass him on the inside of 10. no telling how much time I lost there.

I thought us "high HP" cars could only catch people on long straights?

• 2 weeks later...
After the event we pulled the plugs and noticed two were destroyed. Ran the event on 4 cylinders.. always next year and better tuning/aero!

My fear of the TTB SE-R is renewed... Are you going to be at CMP next month?

After the event we pulled the plugs and noticed two were destroyed. Ran the event on 4 cylinders.. always next year and better tuning/aero!

You should petition them to move you back to JV then....

I agree. And why not? They gave Runner-Up in Ind. JV to Nathan Pitcher driving an STi.

I agree. And why not? They gave Runner-Up in Ind. JV to Nathan Pitcher driving an STi.

I laughed (as I am sure Nathan did) when I saw that in GRM!

Agreed. VIR is a tough one to pick up but I loved that track!

I hear Rt 58 likes to eat tow vehicles though...

Congrat on your Podium in JV!

Yeah, I thought that was sweet. My non-track friends think I got some kind of trophy so it's all good. Don't think they car enough to read '14th in class' portion of the headline.

fwiw; it's an Evo; not an STi.

Also, my apologies to the rightful trophy owner!

Edited by Guest

I'm sure Scott Lear would love to print a correction in the next issue In all seriousness I'm just happy the car finished, we've had trouble all year.

Yeah, I thought that was sweet. My non-track friends think I got some kind of trophy so it's all good. Don't think they car enough to read '14th in class' portion of the headline.

fwiw; it's an Evo; not an STi.

Also, my apologies to the rightful trophy owner!

Bleh, you all look alike! :P

Signed,

The Rightful Owner

Hey, from my perspective, getting my car in the Mag was the trophy! I got a half page pic with the Champ, like I was 2nd...little do my friends know that row two is places 17+. I had to be very strategic to get that 17th place start and be on the front row of the grid! Actually, they put me there to get me up toward the front and the marshall was supposed to let me in somewhere around 10th, but the cars behind the leader weren't slowing for nothing when it was time to go! Oh well. Get there early or...lesson learned. I had a great time despite my dismal performance. My first event at VIR and it was baptism by fire. I am sure if they took pics of me driving, I had the 'deer in the headlights' look. LOL. Great track but kinda scary in parts. I was glad to get home in one piece. The competitors were first rate...I don't think I was dive bombed once despite going so slow. Good sports all around me. Look forward to driving with this gang again, if they will have me.

mine finally came today, guess the mail man took it home to read it

Are the pages stuck together?

No but Scott's was.....

cold, really cold....