TT Classing for MR2 Spyder

TrackRat

I'm still running in DE but planning on trying to move over to TT soon. I've read through several of these threads on classing and understand the base classing (somewhat) with points for mods, etc. However, I'm trying understand how my car would be classed HP/weight. Right now my MR2 Spyder is base classed in TTE with 1 star (7 points). With my suspension, intake, exhaust, tires, etc. I'm in TTD with around 7-10 points to use depending on tires. More than aero etc, I really need HP - about 20-30 more. If I start working on the engine, the points would push me over into TTC. I know the car can be classed on weight and HP - but not how it works or what my peak HP could be to keep me in TTD - which is the goal.

My question is if I were to class on HP/weight, is there a way to know what the peak HP would be allowed? The listed 'base' weight of the car is 2195 - mine is closer to 2100 but I need to weigh it again. The fat driver is about 240lbs. With that weight - what is the limit for HP?

Thanks for helping the newb!

Send an email to Greg, he will reclass the car based on the weight and can give you a few classifications based on different hp numbers. Remeber that the weight is the minimum comp weight so it includes the driver. See you at HMS!

• 3 weeks later...

What Joseph said, with an addition.

Send an email to Greg asking for a re-class by weight/power. Specify the minimum competition weight that you can attain with a nearly empty gasoline tank and you in the car. Ask how much power you can make and still stay in the class you want.

I think you're making a little too much power for TTE, and not enough to be competitive in TTD. Give me a call and we can discuss W/P options for either class.

FYI - My car was classed in TTD with 165 rwhp at 2400 lbs minimum competitive weight.

If you and your car are at 2340 lbs, my WAG is that your power limit will be around 155-160 rwhp.

something to think about - do you just want to have fun regionally or would a trip to Nationals at some point be in the cards for you?

Right now, I'm just thinking regionally. However, with some more experience, I may see myself going to Nationals...

What Joseph said, with an addition.

Send an email to Greg asking for a re-class by weight/power. Specify the minimum competition weight that you can attain with a nearly empty gasoline tank and you in the car. Ask how much power you can make and still stay in the class you want.

I think you're making a little too much power for TTE, and not enough to be competitive in TTD. Give me a call and we can discuss W/P options for either class.

I forwarded you some info I got on the classification. I'll give you a call - thanks!!