1987 Mustang LX Hatchback w/spare 306 motor & lots of extras

87roadracer

1987 Mustang 5.0 LX Hatchback

Rare Color w/ spare 306 motor!

This has been a great car that I have owned for the last 11 years. It has 48,500 original miles. It has been in a heated garage for all the years that I have owned it and has been rarely driven and now it’s time for someone else to enjoy it. I bought the car back in 1999 from a gentlemen in PA and put less than 2000 miles on it since then. The previous owner converted the car to a double duty car (street & road race machine). He mounted a supercharger to the motor and that motor was removed and replaced with a stock GT motor before I bought it. This car is still street legal and is registered in NYS. I never road raced this car until this year. I attended one HPDE in September of this year at Monticello Motor Club (check out the videos). This car handles great and stops great! This car will come with spare parts which include the following:

• Spare GT nose with rubber duct reducers in the fog lights for brake cooling. You just need to purchase the 4” dia. ductwork and backing plate secured to the spindles.

• Spare 306 motor which has ARP studs, roller rockers, ISKY retainers, GT40 upper intake with lower manifold and Jr. Windsor heads. I believe it has a 303e cam? This motor was used on a drag car with only 2 passes and is still fresh. I’ll even throw in the engine stand. I purchased this motor for $900 and was going to install it if I was going to keep the car.

• Aluminum radiator.

• Parts for a rear disc brake setup. You just need lines, rotors, calipers and pads.

BodyColor:

Very rare! When was the last time you’ve seen this color on a Mustang? Only 79 LX hatchbacks were produced with this color! (see below).

Production Numbers in Sand Beige:

8L Sand Beige

LX 5.0 Sedan (P40E): 47

LX 5.0 Hatchback (P41E): 79

LX 5.0 Convertible (P44E): 36

GT Hatchback (P42E): N/A

GT Convertible (P45E): N/A

This is not a show car, but a multi-purpose race machine. As you can see, there are dings, one dent and scratches in the paint. The hatch is painted a few shades off from its original color. This is the way I bought it. Also has Cervinis Mach 1 fiberglass hood, Saleen rear wing, tinted rear hatch and sunroof. Many seams underneath of this car has been meticulously welded.

Interior

The interior has matching 18” wide Kirkey aluminum seats mounted to the floor, rear seat delete, relocated battery behind the passenger seat for better weight distribution, 5 point padded harnesses camlock racing belts with non-fresh dates, I/O Port seat back braces, brand new black carpets with Pony logo in the hatch area, 6 point roll cage with padding welded through the floor to the subframe connectors, camera mount, Momo “Air Leather” steering wheel, Autometer boost and oil pressure gauges, LED fuel pressure gauge, LED air/fuel gauge, wink mirror. No radio or center console. A/C components in, but not working. Who needs these items anyway? I still have the original passenger seat.

Engine & Drivetrain

302 engine, Pro-M 77mm long mass air meter, 30# injectors, shorty coated headers, 65mm motorsport throttle body, 2.5” off road exhaust, 2.5” Flowmaster Force2 exhaust, MSD 6BTM (not used), 250 lph in line to a #10 braided line (not used), adjustable fuel regulator, twin O2 sensors, Motorsport T5Z tranny, B+M shorty shifter with stops, Auburn posi rear with 3.23 gears, SVO aluminum driveshaft.

Suspension & Brakes

Motorsport rack with offset bushings, Monroe Formula GP struts, 850# front springs, 275# rears, Motorsport upper brace, Global West rear lower control arms, huge front sway bar with poly bushing end links, rear sway bar, 5 lug conversion with front Cobra calipers and 13” front rotors w/ Hawk HPS pads, rear 5 lug drum, Wilwood in-line proportioning valve under the hood, brand new SS front brake lines.

Rims & TiresStreet setup: Cobra rims with Dunlop SP Sport 8000 245-45-17

Race setup: GT rims with Kumho V710 (approx. 5 heat cycles) 245-45-17

I also have (4) used Cooper Cobra tires only.

This is a package deal! I will not separate nor part out this car. You will be getting lots of parts so please bring a large van or pick up truck.

Check out more pictures and a racing video by copying and pasting the link below into your browser:

http://s804.photobucket.com/albums/yy330/87roadracer/1987%20Mustang/

Please call me at: 917.578.8314 Car is located in Putnam Valley, NY

Price is $5000