Roadamerica lap times for SU cars

Damián

Looking for RoadAmerica lap times on SU class cars/drivers, I know it will be across the board since you can have a broad spectum of cars/drivers. My car does not have a class currently (1993 rx7 - fairly modified), so SU might be the thing to do for me so I can get some w2w racing in with it.

• 5 months later...

fastest I ever went in World Challenge trim was low 2:22's. I wouldn't expect too many SU cars to be faster than this, although a super-high HP car could do it at this long track.

Hi David

Thanks for the reply. I read through your website and the new C6R you built looks great.

Wow, 2:22 is silly fast for my feeble level, even though this is my second year doing road track events at this level, I still concider myself a rookie...sooo much to learn still. I think of myself as a good HPDE driver, but no wear near race car driver level yet. But im on my way

My best is a 2:31 at RA with my rx7 (video), its well prepped and about the same weight as your world challenge car, but I am about 160+ RWHP short on power compared to your car (heheheh). With the boost I am running I am maybe at the 330 RWHP mark. Plenty of HP for my skill level

I hope to meet you at a future NASA event and look forward to seeing how you and your new car do, good luck in your future events!!!

http://www.myrx7.com/movies/

• 1 year later...

Hey Damian, did you get that new transmission and run sunday or did you just figure on doing it over the winter? Happy Halloween and have a good winter, see you at the season opener

Hey Damian, did you get that new transmission and run sunday or did you just figure on doing it over the winter? Happy Halloween and have a good winter, see you at the season opener

nope, i passed on sunday thinking it would be rainy and cold like saturday, ...but it was not bad on sunday... ill be good to go next season

• National Staff

Damian,

Two new classes are coming below SU and above PTA--your car should fit into one of them. SU will be only for the really big dogs in the future.

Damian,

Two new classes are coming below SU and above PTA--your car should fit into one of them. SU will be only for the really big dogs in the future.

Greg!!! I love you man!!! LOL

heheh, yeah a PTU type class would be perfect for my car, and many other I know that are above PTA cuz of mods, but no where near SU type cars like stohrs or speed world challenge cars.

any idea on if they will be in for next season? is there a place I can read more on the 2 new classes?

I too am looking at these new classes as my new Mustang has been ruled inelegible for aix. My old aix car ran consistant 2:30s at RA and I am thinking that there is a place for unlimited cars that could be in the 2:15 to 2:30 range. It could be very interesting with more variety than in AI/X

and it could be fun. We could fill out part of the field by convincing Grizwald to join us as I know he has been well below 2:30

Barry

• 3 months later...
fastest I ever went in World Challenge trim was low 2:22's. I wouldn't expect too many SU cars to be faster than this, although a super-high HP car could do it at this long track.

Ditto

F.Y.I. Current Road America track records are 1:38 Mario Frantini – Champ Car (C.A.R.T.), 2:07 Tommy Kendall - Trans Am