top speeds?

cool hand luke

Hello all, I'm currently building a car that I hope to run in ST eventually, my one downfall I see is a low top end. How fast do these cars get going on the straights at various courses? My problem is I have little tires and only 4 gears, and I'd like to keep it relatively streetable with a decent 1st gear ratio.

1967 fiat 850

Nothing fiat left except the steering wheel though. Will have a twin turbo subaru motor with around 300 hp, should weigh in at around 1350 lbs. Before the engine swap it was an SCCA racer. That's one of my concerns, if I follow the rules right the hp to weight ratio shoves me far into ST.

Depends on the track, what region are you running in?

Mid-Ohio SU cars would probably see high 140s low 150s

At Miller or Road America you would probably see 160+

1967 fiat 850

Nothing fiat left except the steering wheel though. Will have a twin turbo subaru motor with around 300 hp, should weigh in at around 1350 lbs. Before the engine swap it was an SCCA racer. That's one of my concerns, if I follow the rules right the hp to weight ratio shoves me far into ST.

It looks like there's a very good chance you'd head straight to SU with those numbers. I suppose you could send an email to Greg and see what happens.

you can probably fit into ST1 if the weight is without driver and your HP target is at the wheels. Need variables such as tire size and DOT or non-DOT. ST1 can achieve the high speeds like SU though.