Carbotech RP2 Enduro pads - Anybody use them yet?

laze1

I just ordered some for my 350Z PTB/Enduro car...(I normally XP10 or XP12s)

Carbotech sez they last 40% longer than XP10s...good news/bad news about these pads?

Anybdy have any stories to tell?

i use performance frictions enduro compound. pad last a long time and i dont notice any lack of stopping power.

if carbotech is similar, its probably a good choice.

• Members
i use performance frictions enduro compound. pad last a long time and i dont notice any lack of stopping power.

if carbotech is similar, its probably a good choice.

The PFC06s are also very good pads, if they make them for your car.

One reason that I am trying a longer lasting pad is that the race car is "co-owned" , and we both drive the same weekends. He runs HPDE 3/4, and I run PTB. So at a track like CMP, I don't think a normal sprint race pads will last all weekend with that much track time.

And as my Sig implies...I am Laze1 and don't want to change pads unless I have too

my experience has been that ive learned my driving style using the 06 enduro compound. they last long for a guy on a budget and i dont get outbraked very often.

I helped a buddy put a set on his Z06 this past weekend. He will be running them at CMP this coming weekend and will be able to provide feedback. We both normally run XP12/XP10 combos on our Z06s.

Edited by Guest

The guys at Krider Racing just tested the Carbotech Enduro pads in preparation for the 25 hour (91 Nissan SE-R) and were very happy with the initial bite of the pad, its temp ranges and the longevity. They were worried the enduro pad wouldn't stop as hard as their XP8s or XP10s but didn't notice any difference and were still out braking everyone on Hawks. Thumbs up from them.

• Members

They should feel like something between an XP10 and XP12. Slightly higher rotor wear, but Carbotechs tend to be lower on the rotor wear than most pads anyways.

I helped a buddy put a set on his Z06 this past weekend. He will be running them at CMP this coming weekend and will be able to provide feedback. We both normally run XP12/XP10 combos on our Z06s.

Morris was not overly happy with the Endurance pad this weekend, using them in Time Trials. He said the initial bite was good and stopping power was pretty decent, but since they take longer to get heat in them than XP10/12s, he was not happy with them in the 2-3 "flyer" laps we do in TT. By the time the pads come up to temp, the tires are hot and slick (for what we do).

-Kevin

Well, over all the new pads worked ok. I have not pulled the pads to measure them, but based on the fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir...I didn't use much pads during the weekend. I was able to get into anti-lock if I stood on the brake pedal even with hot tires.

However, on Sunday late into the Thunder sprint race I did have REAR WHEEL lock-up...ALMOST putting me into the wall a couple of times until I slowed a cooled the brakes. I was running old xp12 rear pads. Maybe I need to change to a RP2 rear pad also??? I will call Carbotech and see what they recommend.

But, this was CMP, and as you know CMP is VERY hard on brakes (no shiate ) and having ANY brakes at the end of the weekend is a good thing.