TT -> 2011 rules speculation! (Joke Thread-outrageous ideas)

Markus

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• TurboShortBus

• L98Terror

• Varkwso

I just dont think one lap should determine a winner.

Unfortunately, in regions with tons of cars and shorter tracks, one clean lap per day is all you might get.

Mark

I guess we are just spoiled here in Florida...huh?

support staff can make you look like a hero or a zero

I am painfully aware of that...

Mark aka "zero"

same here man - been a hero somedays, been a zero on others

I just dont think one lap should determine a winner.

Unfortunately, in regions with tons of cars and shorter tracks, one clean lap per day is all you might get.

Mark

I guess we are just spoiled here in Florida...huh?

its tought but you gotta think outside your own sandbox when making serious proposals

its tought but you gotta think outside your own sandbox when making serious proposals

Hey now, thats why I brought it up for discussion. Its not my fault your sandbox isnt as koo!

Our counts vary based on the track. We have 15 TT cars + a few HPDE4 cars this weekend but had 20+ cars in TT/HPDE4 last month at Sebring. Both obviously lower than your region. Our tracks range from 3.4 miles at Sebring (2:25-2:40/lap), 2.4 miles at Homestead Miami (1:35-1:50/lap), and 2.2 miles at PBIR(1:25-1:40). I see your point, I just dont think one lap should determine a winner.

That's why they have racing. TT is what it is. If you averaged laps you will just introduce new things to screw up the finishing order. Weather changes, cars breaking, going 4 off, missing a session for any reason, etc.

Our counts vary based on the track. We have 15 TT cars + a few HPDE4 cars this weekend but had 20+ cars in TT/HPDE4 last month at Sebring. Both obviously lower than your region. Our tracks range from 3.4 miles at Sebring (2:25-2:40/lap), 2.4 miles at Homestead Miami (1:35-1:50/lap), and 2.2 miles at PBIR(1:25-1:40). I see your point, I just dont think one lap should determine a winner.

You are confusing PT with TT.....

I do think it would be interesting to look at the format for TT and utilize some scoring format that would capture the average speed of 2-4 laps in a session with the highest average speed for the day taking any given group. The number of laps would be determined by the TT director based on the length of the sessions and the length of the track.

I get interesting feedback when I take guys in group3/4 out for rides in a TT session. Usually they speak to how little passing there is, or how many guys pack it in after one or two hot laps. They usually note that in group 3-4 there are safe but sometimes more aggressive behaviors and most of the drivers are flat out for the whole session.

If TT is a stepping stone to w2w racing they maybe we should promote an environment that pushes for more passing, longer sessions, and maintaining a higher average speed while dealing with traffic. And you could still capture the track records for the one fast lap.

it would no longer be time trials - come up with another name for whatever you're wanting to do there and run with it!

Watching the weather and planning your attack for the event accordingly is part of the game. Just like race craft is part of racing....

I do think it would be interesting to look at the format for TT and utilize some scoring format that would capture the average speed of 2-4 laps in a session with the highest average speed for the day taking any given group. The number of laps would be determined by the TT director based on the length of the sessions and the length of the track.

I get interesting feedback when I take guys in group3/4 out for rides in a TT session. Usually they speak to how little passing there is, or how many guys pack it in after one or two hot laps. They usually note that in group 3-4 there are safe but sometimes more aggressive behaviors and most of the drivers are flat out for the whole session.

If TT is a stepping stone to w2w racing they maybe we should promote an environment that pushes for more passing, longer sessions, and maintaining a higher average speed while dealing with traffic. And you could still capture the track records for the one fast lap.

I think encouraging people to drive flatout the whole session and "practice" passing in TT is the worse idea I ever heard

I have heard much worse ideas in this thread. You can try to change the rules all you want, but this will never change. If you aren't competitive now, new rules aren't going to make you win.

how about.... if you get reclassed by dyno, and then build the car to classes above the reclass, you are allowed a 5-7% bump in hp for each class you go up. As it is now, once you reclass by dyno, you are stuck at a certain WHP no matter how far you move up. i.e. running a TTC whp in TTA is going to be a tough hill to climb. It's going to realistically keep you within 1 class of the reclass. Or even change it to let 1 point = 2 whp with a reclass, that could work too.

(that's about what it would take to build a TTA SE-R Sentra:) )

I do think it would be interesting to look at the format for TT and utilize some scoring format that would capture the average speed of 2-4 laps in a session with the highest average speed for the day taking any given group.

Disagree. Why run A6s then. After 2-3 laps, they're done. And how each driver chooses to use his paid track time is his call.

A Sentra will NEVER run in TTA (and win). The parts/chassis/etc arent built to run sub 1:34s at RA. But your point about hp increases p/class on a reclass makes sense.

Why run A6s then. After 2-3 laps, they're done.

Fastest lap I ever ran at RA in Aug on this, I had been running these since CMP in May (then Roebling, Road Atlanta June, UTCC warm up, and VIR TT July, RA Aug).

cordedhoosier.jpg

Fastest lap I ever ran at RA in Aug on this, I had been running these since CMP in May (then Roebling, Road Atlanta June, UTCC warm up, and VIR TT July, RA Aug).

1 lap per session, right?

Mark

I do think it would be interesting to look at the format for TT and utilize some scoring format that would capture the average speed of 2-4 laps in a session with the highest average speed for the day taking any given group.

New Format: TT Enduro!

The only rule I would like to see changed is at Nationals it should take more than one lap, W2W guys have to run 2 qualifing sessions, 2 Qualifing Races and one Final Race, that's two extra races. TT should have to average your fastest three sessions over 4 days. IMO