Time Trial Logo?

Luke P.

My 21 yr old son thinks the stopwatch is old fashioned...I asked him if he has ever seen one, and he said "no" and he is probably right. I personally haven't seen one that looks like that in probably 20 years.

I'm 24 and I've got one like that sitting in my drawer. But then again, I bet it is 20 years old!!

I do like the look of an analog watch though - it conveys the 'feel' of time, motion, and speed, whereas a digital stopwatch doesn't since it just shows a static number. And I do prefer the 'cartoon' version to the 'photo' version since it matches the driver logo.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TrackRat

• STRINGER

• speedengineer

• Greg G.

Where are we at on this? I hope everyone had a good holiday, but now that it's back does anyone have a final we can review and possible print?

Honestly, we could use a higher resolution image of the driver so that the image will look adequately sharp when we print it out on stickers. I'm not sure where Philostang got the image at because I couldn't find it. Also, STRINGER found the best font that matches well with the NASA font...I don't know what font it is. Other than that, there isn't really anything stopping either of us from making a final version.

Anybody know someone at NASA who might be able to get us a high res/original version of that driver?

• National Staff

So if we agree on something do we need to get it approved by NASA? Anyone know how that works?

Yes, anything that uses the NASA trademarked logo or series name needs to be approved by NASA. If not, it is a trademark violation.

Just thought that I would bring this one back as a reminder. FYI, the National Director will need to approve any logo before NASA National will approve it. I personally think you guys are on the right track with the last few. However, the ideas were still rolling in and it seemed like they were getting better and better. If possible, I would like to see another version that actually has "NASA" in it. If it is large enough, we could possibly allow the a TT Logo decal to be a substitute for one or more of the NASA decals now required on TT cars.

Once we hit a wall here, I will need those who came up with the designs to send me the files by e-mail, and I will present them to NASA National. I'm sure that I will be able to get high res versions of the driver, etc.

Thanks,

So if we agree on something do we need to get it approved by NASA? Anyone know how that works?

Yes, anything that uses the NASA trademarked logo or series name needs to be approved by NASA. If not, it is a trademark violation.

Just thought that I would bring this one back as a reminder. FYI, the National Director will need to approve any logo before NASA National will approve it. I personally think you guys are on the right track with the last few. However, the ideas were still rolling in and it seemed like they were getting better and better. If possible, I would like to see another version that actually has "NASA" in it. If it is large enough, we could possibly allow the a TT Logo decal to be a substitute for one or more of the NASA decals now required on TT cars.

Once we hit a wall here, I will need those who came up with the designs to send me the files by e-mail, and I will present them to NASA National. I'm sure that I will be able to get high res versions of the driver, etc.

Thanks,

So when will the design phase end, the decision phase end and the production phase begin?

• National Staff

How about we close the "design phase" January 25th, and we have the driver's choices that we want NASA to consider by the end of the month. Hopefully, we get it down to a choice of two or three finalists. As well, it is possible that once we have it to what we want, that NASA will get us the correct font, etc for the final details.

How about we close the "design phase" January 25th, and we have the driver's choices that we want NASA to consider by the end of the month. Hopefully, we get it down to a choice of two or three finalists. As well, it is possible that once we have it to what we want, that NASA will get us the correct font, etc for the final details.

I think is basically comes down to these two variations based on the feedback so far. Jason, I fixed the Time Trial font for you to the same one I used.

I like both of these.

tt6.jpg

tt99.jpg

I cant speak for anyone else, but I must at least say this. I am not looking at this to replace any NASA stickers. No other run group that I know of has replaced any NASA stickers with a run class/NASA replacement sticker that I know of. If they have...I have not seen it. Example, GTS has a small GTS sticker on each side as well as a NASA sticker

I think is basically comes down to these two variations based on the feedback so far. Jason, I fixed the Time Trial font for you to the same one I used.

I like both of these.

I cant speak for anyone else, but I must at least say this. I am not looking at this to replace any NASA stickers. No other run group that I know of has replaced any NASA stickers with a run class/NASA replacement sticker that I know of. If they have...I have not seen it. Example, GTS has a small GTS sticker on each side as well as a NASA sticker

Ronald, thanks for updating the font for me. I too would be happy to display either of these logos on my car - both look great to me.

So, how large of a sticker would most people want to put on their car? Small, like the same height as a typical nasa sticker, large, say the same width as a nasa sticker, or somewhere in between? I was thinking something small to medium, say about 4 inches or 4.5 inches tall. Thoughts?

Also, I would rather keep all the required NASA stickers on the car, rather than be required to add 'NASA' to this logo so that it can replace some of the NASA stickers. I'm not even sure how we could add 'NASA' to our logo and still make it look good.

I would say anything between 3x5 to 4x6 would be a good size. No need to make it bigger in my honest opinion.

Those sizes sound good. Aside from the car, I'd also be interested in putting one on the truck/hauler and trailer.

I'll vote for the second one as well, if the NASA logo was added like Greg mentioned where would it go above or below? Or would that clutter it up too much? Maybe remove put it in in place of National Auto Sport Association on the bottom?

Greg...I know this forum offers a voting poll option. For simple tally of votes I would suggest this. I think most of us agree on the two options. Let people vote on them for the next so many days deemed appropriate. Seems fair for sure. Maybe even put up as an option a 3x5 or a 4x6 size option for each.

Lets see who would vote for what? I know I would vote for number 2 with a slight graphical alteration to make the clock show up inside the wheel.

Greg...I know this forum offers a voting poll option. For simple tally of votes I would suggest this. I think most of us agree on the two options. Let people vote on them for the next so many days deemed appropriate. Seems fair for sure. Maybe even put up as an option a 3x5 or a 4x6 size option for each.

Lets see who would vote for what? I know I would vote for number 2 with a slight graphical alteration to make the clock show up inside the wheel.

Haha - interesting how many times you can look at something and not even notice it! Here it is fixed:

Note - this is back to the 'bad' font because I don't have the good one that Ronald uses.

ttlogo.png

• 1 month later...
Has a final design been decided and posted elsewhere?

Nope. I think we all just forgot about this for a while...

Only a couple people actually voted on which they liked best. So we'll have to decide that still.

So what is the process to keep this moving along? Greg, I believe you spoke about getting the logo approved from NASA? You also mentioned that we should be able to get some high-res versions of the driver/NASA logo/the actual NASA typeface/font?