Window net

Scany

you guys never seen them NASCAR boys get fined at Daytona or 'dega for using window net webbing that leaves a smaller than spec'd space between the webbing strips

bet ya'll didn't know sperkin's is Chad Knause's cousin

and Smokey Yunick's great great great grandson

with TT running under the HPDE flag I dunno if the widow net up is fully kosher or not... I run it down for the TT sessions I go out for in the racecar

and Smokey Yunick's great great great grandson

with TT running under the HPDE flag I dunno if the widow net up is fully kosher or not... I run it down for the TT sessions I go out for in the racecar

TT is HPDE rules but there are no REQUIRED point bys for the net to be in the way of. Since I drive an E30, I need the pointability

your E30 is probably quicker than my TTF/PTF cars though

- KB, who has given a PB to a TTR car that had about 90-95mph closing speed on him down the back straight at Road Atlanta

- KB, who has given a PB to a TTR car that had about 90-95mph closing speed on him down the back straight at Road Atlanta

I have given a PB to this on the back at VIR a couple times:

http://www.glennbunch.com/

^ Thats gotta be a brown pants situation the first time...maybe even the second time.

I put my net up. It's like a firesuit, not required but id feel awfully silly if i was on fire and my suit was in the trailer. If you have a piece of safety equipment, use it.

I put my net up. It's like a firesuit, not required but id feel awfully silly if i was on fire and my suit was in the trailer. If you have a piece of safety equipment, use it.

Well put. I used my window net in TT before I started w2w just to get used to it. It is kind of weird at first when you have to look through it for the first time. However, its better then looking through it for the first time while going 3 wide in the first turn of your first race.

^ Thats gotta be a brown pants situation the first time...maybe even the second time.

bah, you see it coming and brace for it. Good thing too, they came by about 4" off my side mirror

if you don't see it coming you don't belong in the TT group I say!

I ran with the window net most of the event and it was not as restricting as I thought. I think it even improved my comfort in the car as I felt more secure, even maybe more cosy

Now it's time to work on getting out of the car fast enough with all these things attached