Congradulations NorCal

IGZOSTD

Congradulations, Ken Kurtz for your back row start, tire SMOKEN blast through the SU field for a win on Sat.

Charles Breeds dnf gave way to 2nd for me, doing everything I could to keep a Miata, or e30 between myself and the hard charging Shannon Fry.

ST2 was a great fight to the finish with first time Rookie Tim Pinelli in a Fox Body beating out Bill Brinkop in C5 at the flag.

Sunday looked grim as the morning rain even gave Bass Man Brinkop the willy's. All the standing water had been run off by race time but the track was still wet. Only us rookies braved the wet track and this time ST2 gave way to the braver Bass Man - Bill Brinkop in the powerhouse Vett. Tim (the Tool Man) Pinelli drove a smart rookie race in the rain and beat out the chicken race with the SU winner yours truly, thanks to the rest of the SU field being afraid of the wet track. I even got passed by a Miata that thought he was in a Trophy Truck!!

Thanks to all the NorCal SU-ST drivers this year for the great racing. Ya-al come back now, ya-hear

Steve we had a great So Cal final at Buttonwillow this past weekend too. Ed Charnock (STR1) won both overall's in his Supertruck Chevy followed closely by Terry Free in his ST1 Corvertte. Ed, Terry, myself and a few others were talking about heading up to Sears for your first race next year in February or the March race. Weather permitting you may well see some So Cal competetion next year....

That would be Great JR.. You guy's came up to Thunder Hill earlier this year and gave the classes the best racing we had this year. I hope to make a trip or two to Willow Springs also next year. I haven't been around that track sense racing bikes in the 80's. I'll try to get the hole ST and SU group to go. I know the ST guy's will go.

• 1 month later...