Enkei RPF1+StopTech ST40 One More Time

Stang107

Before I spend the bucks to buy one rim to test fit can anyone tell me if you are using Enkie RFP1 17x9 22mm offset wheels with a 1/8" or 1/4" spacer and Stoptech ST-40 4-piston calipers with 332mm (13 inch) rotors on the front of a SN95 Mustang? A few people responded to a previous post on this subject but can anyone tell me they have this set up and it works??

Much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

The Enkei RPF1 (17x9.5) CAN be installed with StopTech ST-40 calipers. You have to clearance the caliper slightly, but I had a StopTech engineer review the modification a few years back and he said it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the caliper body.

The 18mm offset (3797956518SP) will install with no spacers, but minimal caliper clearancing.

The 38mm offset (3797956538SP) will install with one 1/2" spacer and minimal caliper clearancing.

The Enkei RPF1 (17x9.5) CAN be installed with StopTech ST-40 calipers. You have to clearance the caliper slightly, but I had a StopTech engineer review the modification a few years back and he said it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the caliper body.

The 18mm offset (3797956518SP) will install with no spacers, but minimal caliper clearancing.

The 38mm offset (3797956538SP) will install with one 1/2" spacer and minimal caliper clearancing.

Excellent !!

• 6 months later...

I can contribute to this. I tried an RPF1 rim on my Stoptech caliper and it fit with just under 1/16" clearance to the caliper. Any flex and it would rub. It looks like minor clearancing on the caliper would help.

• 2 weeks later...

Related question for you experts: what's the ticket on a low cost, light weight 18x9.5 legal track width wheel for the S197 chassis? I got the FR500 but not the cool BBS wheels!

Related question for you experts: what's the ticket on a low cost, light weight 18x9.5 legal track width wheel for the S197 chassis? I got the FR500 but not the cool BBS wheels!

Call Ryan at Jongbloed. He can make you 17's that will likely fit over your 14" brakes. We had a set of 16's that cleared the Stoptechs on the camaro. We got 17" rings for the same centers and have HUGE clearance on the ST40 setup. Also love the 14.2lb weight. The wheels are expensive but you will save a TON in tire costs to pay for them pretty fast.

Bruce,

I can get those pf01 that Jeff is talking about for $255 a wheel plus the haul btw 20.3 lbs

forgeline just came out with a entry level wheel. Think They are around $700 each though.

You can get the 05-09 gt500 wheel for $300 a set up north in Michigan.28lbs

http://www.buyfordracing.com has the nice 10 gt500 wheel for $599 a set with free shipping.28lbs

I currently run a 17 wheel. it's a 95 cobra r wheel 45mm offset 21lbs each. I modified my stoptech 355 14 kit to allow this wheel to slip over it.

The wheel is discontinued but They are thinking about bringing it back. the 17"21lb wheel

Edited by Guest

Call Ryan at Jongbloed. He can make you 17's that will likely fit over your 14" brakes. We had a set of 16's that cleared the Stoptechs on the camaro. We got 17" rings for the same centers and have HUGE clearance on the ST40 setup. Also love the 14.2lb weight. The wheels are expensive but you will save a TON in tire costs to pay for them pretty fast.

not anymore. priced a 17 r6 vs a 18 r6 now days?

The wheels are expensive but you will save a TON in tire costs to pay for them pretty fast.

not anymore. priced a 17 r6 vs a 18 r6 now days?

That depends on whether or not you believe the Hoosier thing is temporary...

Richard P.

that is an interesting question. i think what may be a more interesting question

is whether toyo not being the tire is temp or not.

i dont think there is any hurry.

Nope, the Hoosier deal priced me out for this season. I would like to know if I have to build a CMC car for next season though.

tj, i am sorry to hear that. i can tell you that you could race

a full season on the bfg tire for the same dollar in general terms

as the toyo.

ive got the new goodyear rs dot tire(same class as the hoosier r6 and the bfg)

in the garage. i'd recommend them too.

if you have 20 toyos in the garage, it sucks. i had a bunch of r888's when they

went back to the ra1's. i understand

Which offset RPF1 wheels would i need to get in order to clear the Cobra Brembo cailpers on a 17x9 wheel? Anyone have some experience with this set up? The car is a Fox body HB.

• 1 year later...

OK, anyone know if this might fit an S197 car an hopefully be legal to the 74.5" track width:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Enkei-wheels-PF01-18x9-5-Black-EVO-8-9-X-10-Mustang-/270671050863?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1474355075054696143&_qi=RTM1084480

its a 35 mm "inset" vs. the 45 mm of the PF01's I currently have but are running with spacers on fr500s. Probably dumb question, but I'm not totally sure if 35mm vs. 45mm inset moves wheel in or out but I believe it moves it outboard. Somewhere along the line we lost "backspacing" . . .

Maybe safer to get the 45mm?

• 1 year later...

Thanks Marshall for the info. Does anyone have pictures of where the caliper needs clearanced?

Sorry brought back from the dead.

Clearancing depends on the offset of the rim. If you use the +18m, and run at least a 1/2" spacer, you won't need to clearance at all. If you run the +38mm with a 1/2" spacer, you will need to chamfer grind the top outer surface along the outer edge of the caliper from cross-bolt to cross-bolt.

The black area is approximate...

1383207_4757411832602_1781536626_n.jpg