Enkei RPF1+StopTech ST40 One More Time

Stang107

I originally had clearanced my calipers and have not experienced any on-track related issues over the last 7 years of track life. Some folks are nervous about grinding away material that StopTech obviously wanted to be there.

Right before I did this work, there was a StopTech technician at one of our events crewing for another racer and I asked him about the mods and showed pictures from someone esle that had done the work. He indicated there was plenty of "meat" in that area of the caliper and that I won't have any issue with blowing into the internal bits.

If you run the 18mm offset 17x9.5 you don't need to clearance at all. I have a 5mm spacer but its not needed.

On which bodystyle? S197, sn95 or fox?

Ok thanks. I'm thinking about getting a set of RPF1s and didn't want to order the 18mm offset then find out that offset was for a S197 hub!!!

• 1 year later...
The Enkei RPF1 (17x9.5) CAN be installed with StopTech ST-40 calipers. You have to clearance the caliper slightly, but I had a StopTech engineer review the modification a few years back and he said it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the caliper body.

The 18mm offset (3797956518SP) will install with no spacers, but minimal caliper clearancing.

The 38mm offset (3797956538SP) will install with one 1/2" spacer and minimal caliper clearancing.

Bringing this one back from the dead, those of you that went with the 17x9.5 with 18mm offset on an 94-98 SN95 chassis, did you have to do any fender mods for clearance? Any info/pics is appreciated.