SOLD: AIX Car For Sale

Ernesto Roco

** edit** 1/24/11

Price reduced to 29,999!

6 days left before my ad expires in racingjunk.

Price reduced to 29,999K for the car.

** edit** 12/29/10

I have now two pricing options for the car:

1. As is, for 35K.

2. 19K, minus the complete engine and trans.

** edit** 12/16/10

Deal fell through so it's for sale again with reduced price!

A lot of so called Championship cars out there but this is the real deal and it's ready to hit the track. With bonus spares.

I bought this car off the showroom floor back in 98 and it has been a labor of love ever since. It has gone through several iterations from HPDE to AI then to AIX trim and then to Unlimited Time Attack car in its current trim. 3 years ago myself and Troy Stacy owner of S & S Fabrications out of Bakersfield, CA set out to reinvent the car after having won the 2006 NASA National Championships at Mid Ohio and setting the official Mid Ohio lap record in 2007. We media stripped the chassis down, cut and trimmed unnecessary bits off the car to make it lighter and Troy spent many hours seam welding the entire chassis in preparation for the cage. With safety, chassis stiffness/rigidity, CG, and weight in mind Troy Stacy fabricated a cage around the car and I couldn’t be happier with what he had accomplished. Troy spent countless hours fabricating parts that make this car very special and unique from my perspective. The engine is built by Ford Performance Solutions, also owned and operated by a friend named Troy, this current engine setup is very reliable and drivable. The throttle response of this motor will blow you away, it may not have the legs of a turbo motor but it will do what you ask it to do everywhere else.

Over the 12 plus years that I have owned this car it has been featured in 3 different magazine articles, won a National Championship, countless lap records, and race wins, multiple podium finishes at Redline Time Attack competitions, a 3rd place finish at the GRM Ultimate Track Car Challenge. No question, this car is a proven performer on the track.

I spent a lot of my time tweaking every aspect of the suspension, shock, brake setup, and overall preparation of this car to make it handle and drive as fast around the track as humanly possible. I have acquired thousands of dollars worth of setup and alignment tools to do the job right and it shows in every aspect of the suspension setup of the car. This car is pretty much ready to race right now with minimal preparations.

If the buyer is local I can even come out and crew for you on your first outing to help with the prep and setup changes if needed. Trailer with extra long ramps are also included with this price along with thousands of dollars worth of spare parts.

Asking 35K with open trailer.

KG4R1002.jpg

ACS_1.jpg

abe300a3.jpg

Some links:

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l169/eroco1269/AIX%20Car/?albumview=slideshow

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/utcc/results/

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/features/mmfp_0604_1998_ford_mustang_cobra/index.html

Some specifications:

• Engine:

• Ford Performance Solutions built 363 ci Dart Aluminum block

• 13:1 CR, solid roller cam, shaft mounted rocker, with 585 Rear wheel HP (Mustang chassis dyno)

• Johnson 5 stage dry sump with 3 gallon oil tank

• Canton dry sump oil pan (with 3 scavenge ports)

• 750 BG Road Race Demon Carb

• Parker Funnel Web intake

• Custom exhausts with ceramic coating (1 3/4" step to 1 7/8" to merge collectors to single 4" outlet)

• Custom C&R Radiator with integrated oil cooler

• MSD distributor / Crane ignition

• Jones Racing Products power steering, alternator, dry sump, belt drive system

• Custom cowl induction from S & S Fabrications

• Less than 4 hours on the motor since last rebuild

• Transmission:

• Jerico WC 4 Trans

• Rollerized main shaft

• Caged roller bearings

• Billet yoke

• Aluminum case for strength

• Billet Quarter Master retainer

• Recently refreshed and is proven bulletproof

• Clutch:

• Quarter Master 7.25 PRO Series

• Quarter Master Flywheel

• Quarter Master hydraulic throwout bearing

• Spares (never used it)

• Spares include )hydraulic throwout with bearing, disks, housing, etc.)

• Shifter:

• Renegate Sequential shifter (never miss a shift again)

• Driveshaft:

• Carbon Fiber / Brand new

• Body:

• Carbon fiber roof panel

• Carbon Fiber doors / removable

• Carbon Fiber trunk lid / removable

• Carbon Fiber fenders and Hood

• Carbon Fiber front bumper cover with splitter and removable/tunable canards

• Entire front end is removable for easy access

• S & S Rear Diffuser / removable

• 72 inch carbon fiber wing

• Lexan front and rear windows (with 2 sheets of peel off's remaining for the windshield)

• Lexan quarter windows

• Wheels:

• Forgeline ZX3R 18 X 11 with Titanium hardware and flat black finish

• Chassis:

• NASA AIX legal

• Weight: 2,430 lbs with fluids minus driver (3 gals fuel, 14 qts of oil, radiator filled)

• Seam welded and media blasted, lightened bare chassis

• S&S Fabrications custom cage

• ATL 15 gal fuel cell (only 2 yrs old) with surge tank installed

• Suspension:

• Agent 47 front suspension

• Torque arm and Watts link rear

• 8.8 rear axle with hybrid 9" ends with new bearings installed and 3.27 ratio gearing

o Spare diff ratios (3.08, 3.55, 3.73, 3.90) included

• Fresh Torsen T2R diff also with new bearings installed

• Front spindles with new hub/bearings installed

• Penske shocks with Hypercoil springs

• Seals-it Spring Perch Compensators on all 4 shocks

• Shocks have been dyno tested and developed by me using my own dyno

• Suspension setup is VERY precise resulting in a very fast yet forgiving driving experience

• Safety:

• Safecraft fire suppression system

• Cobra Evolution Seat

• CROW 5 pt Harness

• Brakes:

• Brakeman Front / F4 calipers / 13 inch 2 pc Brakeman lightweight rotors

• Spare front rotors that I have had for 6 years and never used

• Brakeman Rear / F3 calipers / 11.25" inch 2 pc Brakeman rotors

• Tilton dual master cylinder with balance bar adjustment

• These brakes are maintained and refreshed every year by the Brakeman

• No brake ducting required and works phenomenal (balance and pedal feedback is fantastic)

• Gauges:

• Autometer 2 1/16" Phantom gauges

• oil press, oil temp, water temp, volt meter, boost/vacuum

• Autometer Monster tach

• Innovate Air Fuel Ratio monitor

• EGT for left and right side banks

Edited by Guest

I've seen this car in person, the car is very well sorted, nothing needs to be done on this car to be competitive at Nationals. Looks like a bargain IMO, he has sooooo much money into this car!

Also, Ernesto did my suspension setup for Nationals this year, I ended up with a 1st place in TTS and a 2nd place in ST2. Results speak for themselves. Thanks Ernesto!

Wow,

I already have two stock cars with sp1.2motors in them that I have begun to strip and build gt1 cars. Otherwise I would gave bought this in a new York minute!

Nice car. Good luck selling it. Seems like a steal

By the way the spares I have included are..

A spare driveshaft

Brakeman Brake pads / 2 new sets

Springs for front and rear for tuning

Front rotors / new

Variety of suspension rod ends

Clutch parts / discs / throwout bearing /housing

Carburetor spares kit

Jet kit

Spark plug wires

I'm sure theres more I forgot from this list..

sure enough I did..

Also included:

New alternator

New Dry sump, alternator, and power steering drive belts

2 Dyna batt batteries

As someone who just started racing AI this year, your videos on youtube were what got me hooked. Why are you selling? Getting out of racing all together or building something new?

As someone who just started racing AI this year, your videos on youtube were what got me hooked. Why are you selling? Getting out of racing all together or building something new?

Same here! We are curious to know if there is anything in store.

-Todd

Same here! We are curious to know if there is anything in store.

-Todd

There were a few personal reasons I'm leaving the sport, I have been focusing more on other aspects of my life right now. Racing for all these years has been really hard on the pocketbook and it's time to recover and with the economy the way it is there is just less coming in and more going out. I have also been having fun competing and training with some old hobbies of mine which takes up most of my time too and does'nt cost a whole lot of money

I do not have any other racing plans or any other build in progress now and in the foreseeable future. It was fun while it lasted..

I don't want to muddy up this thread but I must say after having been with AI/AIX since the very beginning I didn't like the direction AIX is going the last few years and I will leave it at that. Recently time trialing seemed to make more sense to me, where you can really test the performance of your car and your driving ability to go as fast the car will go on a given track. I think that is what racing should be. But, racing in AIX lately has been who has more hp down the straights and not necessarily quicker on the track overall. Racing AIX means you will be on the track with about 30-50 cars and most are significantly slower that AIX and that kills any momemtum that a quicker better handling car has and now you are at the mercy of the 1,000 hp car on the straights and the only way to compete is do the same yourself. I tried that and I thought it was a step backwards, the car is less reliable, harder to drive, and MORE expensive to operate. Where is the fun in that?

Maybe others have had better luck than me but I think as more time goes by AIX will soon be extinct. I hope I'm wrong with this but that is my personal take on this. If you don't like it don't muddy up my thread and come see me personally.

My car that I've worked very passionately on and devoted 12 years to making it go faster is for sale. My loss is your gain.

Yours truly,

Ernesto

I must say that Roco's car was one that inspired me to check out the track/HPDE scene. Fond memories of innocence . . .

What an awesome car. Best of luck with a sale. I think only those who have wrenched on Mustangs for years can truly appreciate what's been done with the machine.

Ernesto,

You have a beautiful car. My question is about that Renegate shifter. I am building a gt1 car with a 600hp ls3 and jerico 4speed. I do not know anyone who had it, and from the pictures, the rods look a lot thinner that those on my long shifter.

Any reliability issues?

Ernesto,

You have a beautiful car. My question is about that Renegate shifter. I am building a gt1 car with a 600hp ls3 and jerico 4speed. I do not know anyone who had it, and from the pictures, the rods look a lot thinner that those on my long shifter.

Any reliability issues?

The shifter did not come without issues mainly with the body of the shifter moving and shifting a little bit. We welded some support structure around it and it has been very reliable ever since. The shifter rods have to be adjusted properly as well. I really like this shifter and I think it is definitely an advantage over the standard h pattern.

Thanks for looking gents..

Again, this car is ready to hit the track. I would also like to say that the car is the best it has ever been with the motor, aero, and the suspension all working together in it's prime.

Somebody needs to go out and win races and set records with this thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Price reduced to 39K!

I thought long and hard about this and it has to go:( some unexpected expenses this year...

I'm throwing in a transponder and a HANS safety device.

Please understand that this car is just about track ready with minimal prep required. The seat is non adjustable so if you are not 5'9 and 170 lbs you may have to remount the seat. Other than fluids check it is good to go.

Thanks again for looking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I meant to update this thread...

Yes, it's been sold since the early part of this year.

It has been a garage queen since then, though the guy that bought the car called to ask what fuel to put in it

I sure miss having that car around and the sport but I've moved on..