when will 2011 TT rules be available?

richwalsh

Joe those's rules are to protect you from your self.If that sentra goes any faster it's going to lift off the ground.Forget the steering wheel,your going to need a rudder.

Robert

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Greg G.

• smokinjoe

• MSP608

Loving the new ruleset, cleaned up a few things I thought should be cleaned up. Such as header wraps/coatings rule is completely clear, and although I still think cat-backs at +2 for NA cars is way too much, I need it otherwise I have to focus on the tach too much.

Also I think my steering rack is going so I was bummed to see that we couldnt do ratio changes, but now we can!!! woot!

If the base weight of your car changed in the 2011 rules and you currently have a 2010 re-class, I would assume you would have to get a new re-class for 2011. And the 2011 re-class would result in lower whp for the same weight.

If the base weight of your car changed in the 2011 rules and you currently have a 2010 re-class, I would assume you would have to get a new re-class for 2011. And the 2011 re-class would result in lower whp for the same weight.

I would hope your reclass remains in effect as stated.

• National Staff

If the base classing has changed, the re-classing will change (most likely). Either way, it must be resubmitted.

If the base classing has changed, the re-classing will change (most likely). Either way, it must be resubmitted.

Thanks Greg. That's what I figured.

Either way, it must be resubmitted.

which section says that?

It makes sense to have to resubmit your reclassification material if your car's listing changes, but I didn't find where it was required by the ruleset.

That loud whooshing sound was Greg's inbox getting flooded with reclass verification requests....

Glad to see there weren't many large changes to the ruleset. Looks good! Lots of clarifications on specifics/phrasing, etc!

Bummed to see this though - so much for using my current size star specs as backup and as rain tires...

4) DOT-approved (non-R-compound) tires with a UTQG treadwear rating of 120-200

(examples: Toyo R1R, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, Bridgestone Potenza RE070,

Kumho Ecsta XS, Yokohama Advan A046 & Neova AD08, Hankook R-S3) +2

• National Staff
Either way, it must be resubmitted.

which section says that?

It makes sense to have to resubmit your reclassification material if your car's listing changes, but I didn't find where it was required by the ruleset.

It will say it in the TT Rules, and in the revised PT Rules that has the typo's corrected (like the missing line of car weights in the R's and S's). I just didn't want to hear Marks whoosing sound until after all of the rules and CC Forms are out. I don't need hundreds of re-class requests right now, just any rules issues that need to be fixed. It will also say it in the TT Rules announcement here and on the website. In fact, I'm wondering how many people are running on re-classes from '07 with base classes that have been adjusted since then

3) DOT-approved R-compound tires with a UTQG treadwear rating of 50 to 130 (ex. Kumho V700, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, Nitto NT01, Pirelli PZero Corsa, Toyo R888, Toyo RA-1, Yokahama A048, etc) +7

4) DOT-approved (non-R-compound) tires with a UTQG treadwear rating of 120-200 (examples: Toyo R1R, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, Kumho Ecsta XS, Yokohama Advan A046 & Neova AD08, Hankook R-S3) +2

Would there be a case where an unlisted brand and model of tire has a treadwear rating of 120 to 130, without any specific documentation to verify if it is an "R-comp" or not? If this was the case, then what would determine if it would be +2 or +7? There could be some confusion with the UTQG overlap of 50-130 and 120-200. Or, maybe the confusion is all mine. It happens.

Mark

Looks like no changes for us C5Z06 racers. Unless I am missing something.

(now I have to go save up for some A6s... again)

Adjustment factor for weight is a little different.