when will 2011 TT rules be available?

richwalsh

• Members
Looks like no changes for us C5Z06 racers. Unless I am missing something.

(now I have to go save up for some A6s... again)

Adjustment factor for weight is a little different.

?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Greg G.

• smokinjoe

• Shawn M.

• National Staff

No it isn't. It is the same as last year.

Remember, the ST/TTU/TTS weight table split off from the PT/TTA-TTF weight table last year. Lighter cars are not hit has hard in the higher classes (except for cars under 1850 lbs in STR).

• National Staff

3) DOT-approved R-compound tires with a UTQG treadwear rating of 50 to 130 (ex. Kumho V700, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, Nitto NT01, Pirelli PZero Corsa, Toyo R888, Toyo RA-1, Yokahama A048, etc) +7

4) DOT-approved (non-R-compound) tires with a UTQG treadwear rating of 120-200 (examples: Toyo R1R, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, Kumho Ecsta XS, Yokohama Advan A046 & Neova AD08, Hankook R-S3) +2

Would there be a case where an unlisted brand and model of tire has a treadwear rating of 120 to 130, without any specific documentation to verify if it is an "R-comp" or not? If this was the case, then what would determine if it would be +2 or +7? There could be some confusion with the UTQG overlap of 50-130 and 120-200. Or, maybe the confusion is all mine. It happens.

Mark

UTQG tread wear ratings are as of the date of the current version of

the PT rules. Any new tire or tire with a changed UTQG tread wear rating must be evaluated by

the National PT Director before the rating will be legal for use in NASA PT classing. All DOT approved

tires must be available for purchase by the general public through Federal or state

licensed tire dealers.

I believe that we are aware of all of the current R-Comp tires sold in the USA.

No it isn't. It is the same as last year.

Remember, the ST/TTU/TTS weight table split off from the PT/TTA-TTF weight table last year. Lighter cars are not hit has hard in the higher classes (except for cars under 1850 lbs in STR).

Ah, didn't know they had separate tables.

edit - Wait, I've confused myself here. We're talking about C5Z06's in TTA right? So they'd fall under the PT rules. And if SUR weight adjustments were different from A-F this year, how come there's only one table in the TT rules? What am I missing?

edit - Wait, I've confused myself here. We're talking about C5Z06's in TTA right? So they'd fall under the PT rules. And if SUR weight adjustments were different from A-F this year, how come there's only one table in the TT rules? What am I missing?

if you look at the bottom of the rules (in the '10 rules), there's the A-F table. That table will remain for '11

if you look at the bottom of the rules (in the '10 rules), there's the A-F table. That table will remain for '11

Hah! Never made it down that far. Guess I would have found it sooner or later if I still had to worry about power/weight.

• National Staff
so just to clarify...I can read and understand the new PT rules as a go for TT right? Just curious.

Why do that when the TT Rules are posted?

• Members
:twisted: Meh, rules wont be out today.

(heres Gregs chance to prove me wrong! LOL!!)

I predict the TT rules will be posted Dec 23rd.

hey, I was right, page 5 prediction girls!!! Who'd a thunk!!!