??TTA tire question? help im lost??

Evo_Joe

So i have a evo 9 base class ttb, i have a total of 38 points moving me up to tta, since i get moved up to TTA, can i run say TTA sized tires?

my issue is that to stay below the 39 points i was planning on using dot approved Bridgestone re-11's which add no points ( i run a 255 tire)

But since i am going to be running in TTA i was going to run a bfg G-force R1 which would add +10 points but i get to subtract -10 points for running a 255 with a max tire size in TTA of a 295 so basically +0

My problem is when i send in a classification form i have to put for the base class as ttb. so if i say i am going to use the R1 i get +10 and only -1 because the the max tire size is 265 instead of 295 which then gives me 47 points moving me up 2 classes instead of one.

am i allowed to run a TTa tire size or do i have to run a tire equal to my base class even though i am competing in TTA and my points do not increase or decrease, also how can i declare this on the classification form?

if anybody understands what i am saying and has any input i would appreciate it

You take points based on the tire size of your base class. So you would take points based on a base tire of 255mm(TTB). You could always look at getting the car reclassed based on its weight and whp. I would look into that early in 2011 since new rules come out in a week or two.

Joe's got it right - your tire width points (or points credit) is tied to your base class, not your competition class.

In theory one could get stuck between classes if it was the other way...

Joe's got it right - your tire width points (or points credit) is tied to your base class, not your competition class.

In theory one could get stuck between classes if it was the other way...

Thats what I have to do with the 92. TTC* is the base class so I have to take tire width points because I run a 275 and tire points because I run a Hoosier R6.

The following has been stated above, but this is a direct copy-and-paste from the 2010 TT rules and TTA-TTF classification forms (bold/underlined text not added by me; they are already that way in the rules):

5) The following tire sizes will be used as the base tire size for each Base Class for all vehicles regardless of their OEM tire

size(s). All vehicles in a given base class may use this tire size (or smaller) without a points assessment:

and

Actual Tire Size_________mm Base Class Tire Size_________mm Difference_________mm #Points_________

The key words here are Base and Class. Base Class.

I can see where an extra few words can be added for clarification, though. Thank you for bringing it up to us.

Mark

You take points based on the tire size of your base class. So you would take points based on a base tire of 255mm(TTB). You could always look at getting the car reclassed based on its weight and whp. I would look into that early in 2011 since new rules come out in a week or two.

Joe,

Why would he get the car reclassed, it is a killer in TTA. He just needs to get a better understanding of the rules.

I was just throwing it out there...rumors are all Evos are getting bumped another asterisk anyway

Don't even tell me that, Greg was just joking, I hope.

So i have a evo 9 base class ttb, i have a total of 38 points moving me up to tta, since i get moved up to TTA, can i run say TTA sized tires?

my issue is that to stay below the 39 points i was planning on using dot approved Bridgestone re-11's which add no points ( i run a 255 tire)

But since i am going to be running in TTA i was going to run a bfg G-force R1 which would add +10 points but i get to subtract -10 points for running a 255 with a max tire size in TTA of a 295 so basically +0

My problem is when i send in a classification form i have to put for the base class as ttb. so if i say i am going to use the R1 i get +10 and only -1 because the the max tire size is 265 instead of 295 which then gives me 47 points moving me up 2 classes instead of one.

am i allowed to run a TTa tire size or do i have to run a tire equal to my base class even though i am competing in TTA and my points do not increase or decrease, also how can i declare this on the classification form?

if anybody understands what i am saying and has any input i would appreciate it

255/35/18 R6 is the correct tire, although I ran a 245/40/17 R6 up until a month ago, and it was fine. You just have to be careful with your points for the 255.