Falcon

Road Atlanta Toy Run Video Thread...

King Tut
There were a bunch of complaints in class about people in Grp 2 passing without points. I guess you were one of the offenders.

Why was this never discussed in the classroom sessions? I never had anyone pass me without a point bye, but I did see multiple instances of point byes being given without lifting off the throttle.

GeneSplicer

Here's one for you guys... HPDE3 Sat session 3

This is a FINE example of how NOT to enter pit in @ 4:20... subsequently the BMW pulling off after 12 lost his half-shaft, you can see it bouncing down the gators...

Karl

toy run from the accord, started 52 finished 23.

Drumrboy

Whoa, I wouldn't'a believed it if I hadn't seen it on video. With traffic behind him to boot......

sperkins
This is a FINE example of how NOT to enter pit in @ 4:20...

WTF was that!

I can't believe what I just watched. That is grounds for immediate dismissal for the weekend imo.

TeamEvolutionMS
Surely to goodness someone else has more video of the Sunday Toy Race. There were 88 cars out there.

Come on guys, give it up!

You know it's a shame you don't drive as fast as you edit/upload video....... Here is the rest of the Toy Run from my perspective......

Falcon
Surely to goodness someone else has more video of the Sunday Toy Race. There were 88 cars out there.

You know it's a shame you don't drive as fast as you edit/upload video....... Here is the rest of the Toy Run from my perspective......

I'll have you know, I practice very hard on honing my skills so that I can drive very slowly.

I know I make it look easy, but it's a hell of lot harder than it looks!

TeamEvolutionMS

I'll have you know, I practice very hard on honing my skills so that I can drive very slowly.

I know I make it look easy, but it's a hell of lot harder than it looks!

Yes Jedi Master....

GeneSplicer

WTF was that!

I can't believe what I just watched. That is grounds for immediate dismissal for the weekend imo.

That was what I was thinking! You can see my hand gesture as "WTF are you doing??!!"

TeamEvolutionMS

WTF was that!

That was what I was thinking! You can see my hand gesture as "WTF are you doing??!!"

The exact same thing happend during the Petit Lemans weekend during a Patron GT3 Cup Challenge practice. The guy forgot where pit in was I guess and he did the exact same thing as the BMW, except he was kicked out of the event and I'm pretty sure they took away his FIA license. How that sounds like a good idea at the time I'll never understand. If I can find someone who still has the video, I'll post the vid up on here.

timz06
Here's one for you guys... HPDE3 Sat session 3

This is a FINE example of how NOT to enter pit in @ 4:20... subsequently the BMW pulling off after 12 lost his half-shaft, you can see it bouncing down the gators...

WOW! That is amazing, I have never seen anything like that before! I had to watch the video a couple times to believe it! A guy went through 12 and hit the brakes, did a u turn and turned into the pits!

kbrew8991

I saw that live from the tower and wondered WTF as well...

sperkins

Wondering did anyone say anything to the driver about it?

sonny
Wondering did anyone say anything to the driver about it?

YES!!!

I had a looooooong conversation with the driver. He got Black Flagged for scrubbing his tires under Green on the front straight. Since this was his 1st time at RA, he missed pit-in to acknowledge the Black Flag. He made a split second decision to pit at the bottom of the hill vs. going around one more time. Unfortunately, he chose poorly. Quote, "I didn't think it was so bad because I looked in my rear view mirror & didn't see anyone coming down the hill so I thought I could make the turn in."

Not only did he deny scrubbing his tires on the front straight (witnessed by those in the Start Stand), he didn't understand the severity of his actions until I showed him the video of his move in class (DE3).

Of course the "coast was clear" when he looked in his rear view because he couldn't see through the hill to see 4 cars barreling over the top. I have video of his move one car closer from the video already posted. In my video, you can clearly hear the white Mustang in front of me going WOT as crests the hill & then having to check up severely as the Bimmer makes the left turn. Luckily for everyone involved, there was a car pitting just as everyone was cresting the hill AND the red E30 had mechanicals so the speeds were MUCH slower than usual. Had the 3 of us been traveling at speed as usual coming over & down the hill, I'm sure someone would've spun & or hit something.

Not only did I speak to the driver, I also showed my video in DE1, DE2 & DE3 classes. During the DE3 class, I didn't point out the driver but most knew who he was. I showed the vid to teach all the other drivers what a bone-headed move that was. I called it "The WTF was he thinking move."

Suffice it to say that while the driver was not kicked out of the event, the public humiliation he suffered at my hands afterward probably made him wish he had been kicked out.

bob-e

I was pitting out when I saw him coming on to pit lane. I just figured he had a miraculous spin that landed him on that road.

I was kind of hoping someone would have said something to the "Point by Optional Porsche HPDE Racing Team". Luckily I only saw them on my end of the track once. That was enough.

bob-e

Here's one from HPDE3 on Sunday. Check out 5:30 where Porsche racing goes by me on the brakes without a point. It was fine because I probably should have pointed him by anyway, but then he almost tracks out into the guy ahead of me.

*I have no ego and accept all driving tips thanks

jason

P-cars were just making friends all over this weekend.

gimpstang

Ahhhh yes. Those were the gentlemen who we had numerous issues with the whole weekend. And, to top it all off, cursed Jim out because they had a shortened session when we had an oildown cleanup on the next to last session of the day! Very poor attitudes and very dangerous drivers.

jason

Carry more speed into 6. The banking WILL catch you. Apex 7 later. If you're looking for lap times, keep your foot in it through 9. I didn't think I could either, till I did. From engine noise, roll onto the gas earlier, but slower, in 12. Turbo might do crazy things to you there that I don't know about. Holler at me in March and I'll go out with you.

Cobra4B
Here's one from HPDE3 on Sunday. Check out 5:30 where Porsche racing goes by me on the brakes without a point. It was fine because I probably should have pointed him by anyway, but then he almost tracks out into the guy ahead of me.

What kind of car are you driving? For some reason the volume was really low on my end.

beretta

Enjoying all the videos

Here is one more from Sunday, HPDE 3 the third session only around 3 minutes.

beerkat

Enjoyed all of the video. I almmost feel like I was there.

GeneSplicer

so was I so wrong for not pointing the red vette by in the beginning? After all, that's a hell of a straight to observe my bumper and see a big yellow 4 on it, and it's not like I have to lift for a vette to get around me! not to mention, we JUST talked about looking for the yellow 4 in classroom. Anyway, I probably should have made it clear to him that he can pass me anytime he felt like it. I thought he was just along for the miata line... yeah, right.

sat session 2

sonny
not to mention, we JUST talked about looking for the yellow 4 in classroom...

Problem with that is I noticed a bunch of drivers, especially in DE3, who showed up to class late or just showed up at the end or just showed up later to ask me for a track pass. My feeling is if the driver misses class or comes in late & misses the majority of the discussion -- including talking about the Yellow #4 -- then it's their fault for getting stuck behind you. Also, I mentioned it more than twice over the weekend about the Yellow #4 & had encouraged anyone & everyone who wanted one to get one.

trhoads

Yellow #4 or not, I tried to give a point by to each and every car that came up behind me all weekend, even when out in the DE4 sessions. Even from a distance, I tried to make it clear, that, yes, I SEE YOU, continue on. It may not be required, but it is helpful. I would assume, for all those that went around me...I don't' pass anyone anymore so I can only imagine its helpful.

The two GT3 RS's were fast, they passed me just about every session out, but they never pushed the issue when I saw them.