Falcon

Road Atlanta Toy Run Video Thread...

kbrew8991

hell I still give point bys during races (when its say a real fast car coming by to lap me) tough to have too much communication out there between drivers

GeneSplicer

I hear ya, i shouldn't have done it in a DE, but I tried giving him an in-cab point-by on the front straight... and I don't have a pass seat to block the view either. I kinda shrugged it off like he wanted to follow me for some reason. I was also trying to figure out what the blue vette was doing, not erritated, just confused on his line into 12. Am I going to pass? Is he really setting me up for an outside pass into 12?? No thank you!

Varkwso
hell I still give point bys during races (when its say a real fast car coming by to lap me) tough to have too much communication out there between drivers

Too much communication is never a problem.

schuepbach
This was my first NASA event and first time at Road Atl and I really enjoyed it out there. I was driving the Silver C5 Z06 (#15) in DE 2 and I have some in car video of the last couple sessions.

DE2 Afternoon Session 2

The problem with shooting & broadcasting video of yourself is showing the world you violated the rules on passing. Since you're in Group 2, you can ONLY pass with a point-by. At 2:19, coming out of T12, the white BMW did not give you a point-by but you blew right past him chasing the red ITA/GTS car.

There were a bunch of complaints in class about people in Grp 2 passing without points. I guess you were one of the offenders.

We will be watching for you next season & if you continue to violate the passing rules, the Black Flag will be out for you AND you will sit on grid while the rest of your Grp goes out on track.

Sonny I'm really sorry about passing without a point by. I try to stay safe as possible but we all make mistakes at times. You're more than welcome to speak w/ my instructor, kevin hill, who rode with me in earlier sessions about my driving. I get routine compliments from my instructors in pca events about my attention to point by's.

At the same time, the extra flagger attention is warranted by my behavior at this event, but I promise you they will find no reason to black flag me next season. If you want to discuss this further with me, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it.

Phill

sonny
Here's one for you guys... HPDE3 Sat session 3

This is a FINE example of how NOT to enter pit in @ 4:20... subsequently the BMW pulling off after 12 lost his half-shaft, you can see it bouncing down the gators...

The same incident from my POV (one car closer).

pasaunde

This is a FINE example of how NOT to enter pit in @ 4:20... subsequently the BMW pulling off after 12 lost his half-shaft, you can see it bouncing down the gators...

I thought everyone knew that 4:20 moments caused confusion

GeneSplicer

Or 4:30 if I need to be exact!

Cobra4B

trhoads

i thought those just caused the munchies.

Cobra4B

i thought those just caused the munchies.

Why do you think the guy pulled off so fast? He was headed in the direction of the Paddock grill right?

trhoads

we clearly don't know what the driver was thinking...I am just amazed that a driver that has worked their way to DE3 would make that kind of error. I took a visitor out in a DE2 session, to show them the track, and saw a really bad Pit exit at the top of the hill, but that was in DE2, where that kind of thing might still happen, but DE3/4, should not see that kind of non-sense.

08Bullitt0572

Here is my lowly HPDE1 video. I have to work on my camera placement- too much dash. Practicing on iRacing really helped me out since this was my first time at RA.

Drumrboy
Here is my lowly HPDE1 video. I have to work on my camera placement- too much dash. Practicing on iRacing really helped me out since this was my first time at RA.

Nice run.

Varkwso

Nice run.

His transmission lasted all weekend

08Bullitt0572

Nice run.

Thanks guys. I am still on my original brake pads too.

Sorry to hear your transmission went.

dans2k

I got iracing and I like the way it feelts but I can't get a lap in without a black flag? I get told to slow down all the time thru T3... can you turn that stuff off?

delsol83

This is my how not too take turn 2 at Road Atlanta.

Jason Plante

your sideways drivng PT director.

Honda Del Sol #83

Edited by Guest

sperkins

Heck you nailed the apex at T3 beautifully. What's the big deal?

THIS is how not to take T2.

Drumrboy

Thanks guys. I am still on my original brake pads too.

Sorry to hear your transmission went.

Transmissions! It was a tough weekend for team PBJSC.

Drumrboy

Heck you nailed the apex at T3 beautifully. What's the big deal?

THIS is how not to take T2.

Both novel approaches to T2. I give Jason the nod for the backwards elements of his route. Scott gets the nod for creative use of the drift turn-around....made it look like it was planned!

Drumrboy

Nice run.

Frikkin gears.....I need me some kryptonite gears in that thang.

Your ride gonna be OK?

kbrew8991
Both novel approaches to T2. I give Jason the nod for the backwards elements of his route. Scott gets the nod for creative use of the motorcycle chicane....made it look like it was planned!

fixed :-P

makes a great escape route when someone spins on L1, T3 and blocks the road

dsullinger

Here's my video from Sunday's race - sorry it took so long, I wanted to edit out the double-yellow laps.

-Don

delsol83

I felt for sure my weekend was going to end early.

Jason Plante

Honda delsol #83

PT Director

08Bullitt0572

I got iracing and I like the way it feelts but I can't get a lap in without a black flag? I get told to slow down all the time thru T3... can you turn that stuff off?

If you get a black flag you can only clear it by going into the pit to sit out the penalty (is what the site says anyway). Any session that involves other racers is at risk for a black flag- no way to turn it off. If you do the "test" session the black flag does not count.