Sign in to follow this  
heymagic

Fire suit standards

heymagic

Regarding the FIA2000 requirement....it seems to be only a different location of the temp sensing device by 1/8 inch than an upgrade in standard. Many organisations still accept the 1986 tag, including RA. The 1986 is still equal to or better than the SFI5, or so it seems. Considering the cost of some of these suits, are the FIA 1986 really to be discarded? I need to explain what and why at the next event. Thanks, Gene

RallyCat66

Bump...

Still toying with what to do with my FIA 1986 OMP suit and would like to hear the party line from the NASA perspective before I sink the money into a new suit.

Tim

wvonkessler

We were out in the woods yesterday from about 8:00 to 8:00 staking the course and doing other things for Cherokee.

We will address the firesuit issue (along with some others) in the near future. Your 1986 spec suit will be accepted for Cherokee.

Wilson

heymagic

Thanks Wilson, once again you guys prove NASA to be the best when it comes to considering competitors. Gene