"floorpan" question

hired wrench

"........The TTS class is the “Super” class for production vehicles originally built and approved by the DOT, TUV, and Japanese government for street use, that meet the listed“adjusted” power/weight ratio of 8.70:1 or higher, and that retain their original OEM frame rails (or unibody), strut towers, floorpan, and subframe (no tube frame conversions)......."

Can the spare tire well in the trunk area be removed?

I know these are from the TTF-TTA rules, but I need some clarification.

"...13) Replaced or modified K-members that change the location of the lower control arms +8

14) Tubular K(cross)-members that do not change the location of the lower control arms +2..."

the TTS-TTR rules say no "subframe" conversion and don't address modification to alter pickup points or differentiate between the subframe and k-member, however the A-F rules do differentiate between K-member/subframe.

Just seeking a little clarification before I get going much further.

• National Staff

All of those questions are answered in the 2011 Rules. The short answer is that they are permitted in ST/TTS/TTU, but you should wait until the Rules are out for exactly what is permitted. (Still shooting for the 15th for PT and ST---use those Rules for TT Classing).

All of those questions are answered in the 2011 Rules. The short answer is that they are permitted in ST/TTS/TTU, but you should wait until the Rules are out for exactly what is permitted. (Still shooting for the 15th for PT and ST---use those Rules for TT Classing).

I'll keep my eyes out for the updated rules.

knowing these guys they're thinking about some giant diffuser or something like that

what, no..... ENORMOUS rear diffuser...... how else do you you get enough room for effective venturis when building a ground effect car and make the most of an additional 7" of track width, jk, jk.

Everyone knows FWD car can't be fast

• 1 month later...

this is what I found on page 50

"2) Removal of the spare tire floor section of the rear hatch space and either replacement with a sheet metal cover or placement of a fuel cell is permitted without an additional Modification Factor."

....fire up the plasma cutter