TurboShortBus

Homestead-Miami Time Trial entry list for January 8-9, 2011

Balroks

No whining, I love it. Derik's damn fast, so's the Flat6 cars, so it's good to have something to shoot for.

Edited by Guest

obzezzed350
No whining, I love it. Derek's damn fast, so's the Flat6 cars, so it's good to have something to shoot for.

You can always come DOMINATE ST2

TurboShortBus
Pretty nice that you guys post all of the forms up so those with less experience in TT can see where they are spending their points the wrong way.

I think we are still the only region that does it. We were definitely the first, though.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTR has been updated. No license, no compete.

Mark

911s

It's certainly not me, it's the car. I can't figure out if it is the turbocharger or the 4.0 liter RSR motor that makes it so fast down the straights...................

I'll provide additional free beer on Saturday night if anyone wants to peruse the car and hang out. All in fun.

Balroks

Cool, anytime beer is involved count me in . You using A6's usually? I'm going for a 2nd weekend on the new goodyears, see if I can get more comfortable with em.

obzezzed350
It's certainly not me, it's the car. I can't figure out if it is the turbocharger or the 4.0 liter RSR motor that makes it so fast down the straights...................

I'll provide additional free beer on Saturday night if anyone wants to peruse the car and hang out. All in fun.

I thought it was the dual flux capacitor setup...

TrackRat

I'll provide additional free beer on Saturday night if anyone wants to peruse the car and hang out.

Free beer - sign me up! (I just don't want to eat or drink before I ride in that thing again...)

911s

Matt,

A6s would be cool, but I haven't ever tried them. I can't take the points hit with my current TTA configuration.

TurboShortBus

TTE has been updated.

Mark

Balroks

Free beer - sign me up! (I just don't want to eat or drink before I ride in that thing again...)

+10. Only reason i'm resistant on being an instructor still. Need some more of that Texas shiner bock they brew with lead to hang for more then 3 laps

Balroks

Pay no mind to the video, but has anyone seen the BMW in the beginning before? Says #81 TTS?

TurboShortBus

Pay no mind to the video, but has anyone seen the BMW in the beginning before? Says #81 TTS?

I have, but only because I live 15-20 minutes from PRS. I'm not sure why they don't run with us, but they have been to the UTCC at VIR before (NASA-MA). I stop by their shop and call them occasionally to invite them to our events, but there sometimes seems to be a schedule conflict.

Mark

TurboShortBus
TTS and TTA have been updated, based on all of the information that I received by 5:00 pm yesterday (Wednesday).

Additionally, an email containing a link to the Google Documents folder where all of the classification forms are stored has been sent to everybody on my 2011 Competitors email list. If you didn't receive that email, then please let me know.

Here is the link: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B73wHMd-IvZIZTk5NjI4YmQtZjlhOS00MzdkLTgyZDEtMGYwOTZmODFmZjk0&hl=en

See you soon,

Mark

Several updated and new classification forms have been uploaded, so feel free to review them at the link above.

I consider all drama related to up-classing from TTA to TTS this weekend to be over, and there will be no further discussion of the matter.

Mark

dew-e

I have, but only because I live 15-20 minutes from PRS. I'm not sure why they don't run with us, but they have been to the UTCC at VIR before (NASA-MA). I stop by their shop and call them occasionally to invite them to our events, but there sometimes seems to be a schedule conflict.

Mark

It is a very nice and quick car. It is a complete chassis up rebuild as a track car. I think the chassis is a spare that Automatic Racing had for their E46 GrandAm racing efforts. The owner, Mike, drives at just about every CHIN event in the Southeast. Good driver and instructor but I don't think he has a lot of experience in unrestricted passing groups. He is also still getting the hang of the car as they have been constantly developing the thing since the build was finished last year. Mildly built S54 motor, with no expense spared on the rest of car.

TurboShortBus

TTR has been updated.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTR and TTU have been updated.

Mark

Balroks

Results, schnell!

l30thelion

Is it cheating/wrong/not proper if I don't track out and up the banking after T13 on a fast lap? Do others do this?

Joshua

Congratulations on your fast lap! Choosing line is one of the challenges of getting a fast TT lap. I tried a low line out of 13, through the front straight and into 1, and it seems to work pretty well (save distance over higher max speed). As an extension, I see nothing wrong with starting high and finishing low. In fact I think it's creative and kind of crafty .

Also, I want to congratulate Victor (Turbo) Leo for providing some excellent competition and winning the consistency award. Though not mentioned during the awards ceremony on Saturday, not only did Victor beat me by 0.012 seconds with a fast lap of 1:44.334, his second fastest lap was a 1:44.335!

TurboShortBus
Results, schnell!

3MTA3

lol

Mark

Joshua
Results, schnell!

3MTA3

That's my favorite license plate number! Doesn't work so well in Florida though ...

TurboShortBus
That's my favorite license plate number! Doesn't work so well in Florida though ...

But, will the young 'uns get it?

It was also used on an airplane, circa 1986:

51NZTyZ1WNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Mark

obzezzed350

I had to google it...you guys are old!

kbrew8991

if you don't know about the Beastie Boys its because you aren't cool, not because you're too young to have heard of them. Jus Sayin