New To NASA HPDE

audiobuffru12

Hey Guys, New to the event hopefully will be in HPDE1 For fun , But I will be at each event Locally as a volunteer as i learn more about this sport,

Welcome to NASA, there are some good people in the SE division. You live in a good location and central to CMP, RRR, RA and CMS. VIR is not much of a stretch for you either.

Thanks , Hey I have freind who lives in Macon,Maybe I can visit ya when I'm down there .

Macon is a solid 2hrs from RA. I live in Spartanburg. I'm in DE2 right now. Hit me up sometime. I've been working a lot of events as well as doing a lot of driving. Welcome!

Heck ya , I hang out at Elite Audio every now and then, will be at Road Atlanta in March , thats a sweet ride you got there .

Heck ya , I hang out at Elite Audio every now and then, will be at Road Atlanta in March , thats a sweet ride you got there .

I need to get my lazy arse over and register for RA in March. I'm signing up for DE2 again.

You hang out at Elite, and I've never seen you? Or have I? PM me with your contact info so we can hang out some.

Starting out as a corner worker is a very good idea, you'll get one leg ahead of your peers already knowing standard procedures, flags, safety/courtesy protocol and just generally what to expect.

You're lucky that NASA South East is your home region, I've ran with 3 different NASA regions and the SE crowd/management can't be beat.

• 2 weeks later...

You're lucky that NASA South East is your home region, I've ran with 3 different NASA regions and the SE crowd/management can't be beat.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, welcome to the SE region. Will you be volunteering at CMP next weekend? If so I'll see you there. Can't wait for the season to start and especially DE at Road Atlanta again.

Are you driving at Road Atlanta or volunteering? You should definately learn some corner flagging. The behind the scenes stuff is usefull to have in the back of your head when your out on track.

My Plans are to Volunteer for this season events, I really want to learn all about what not to do and to do correctly.

By the year end i should be ready to drive

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait for RA Event ,C you fellas there, I have placed all my vacation time for rest of season ..................

this weekend the crx goes in shop , new axles,brakesand fluid ,shocks and springs, and lookin to convert rear to 01 type r suspension later on.

Don't touch the rear brakes; for the track anyways. I have rear discs because they look cool on the street...thats it. On the track, your car does not use any rear brakes. Everything happens up front on a civic. If you get too much rear brake going on, it will be like pulling the e-brake when you try to stop.

I tell you thins because once you get on track, you will wish you had done it sooner, and you will wish you hadn't wasted money on all the stuff you see in "Honda Tuning" magazine. At least, that is where I am at now. I wish I hadn't built the LS/Vtec. I should just have a B16 or LS motor in there. Something cheaper that I will not cry over when it implodes. Hell a single cam would be best I guess. I can get a bunch of those cheap. The integra brakes were probably a good call, but I never needed rear discs. I wish I hadn't wasted any money on the suspension. It is nice for the street, but as I get better on track, I will need something more hard core. But tires are better than springs and shocks. I should sell my crap and buy some cheap track wheels.

Yeap, Not touching the drums they stay the same ,just upgrading disc size up front and far as motor my d16a6 is gonna be fine for me 113 hp ...................thanks for tips , ill also be locating battery to back soon with a cut off unit , i have one alreadyin the back is a odessy 680 , gonna remove the batcap2000 from front 63#'s of dead weight , ac is gone wahooooooooo, fiberglass fenders and urathain bumpers. she is a work in progress .

Make sure that battery is really secure back there. I mean overboard secure. If you ever hit something, that thing could be flying at your head at 60mph. not fun. I still have A/C in my car. If I get a daily driver to replace it, I might take it out. I'd say the biggest upgrade you could do to your car would be a spare set of wheels with summer tires or better on them. Your first weekend on track, you might want to stick to street tires for the learning experience. I drove on Kuhmo AST's. They sucked so bad, but I got to the edge of traction sooner. I'd love to have a set of Ecsta MX's my next time out but I can't afford another set of wheels and tires right now.

I have extra set of Bottle caps 15" rims , soon as i can afford new tire I'm lookin at set of BF Goodrich KDW or some Potenza go19 . My current tires do great so far .

Start of something new

crxrebuild015.jpg

New Axles,Brakes,Bushings,Struts,Springs,

Almost done with drivers side waiting on more parts ,started passenger side

crxrebuild017.jpg

Gonna change out brake fluid and bleed brakes ,change out tranny fluid while we are at it

Brembo street /track ,ssbc dot 5 fluid.........have to order some more parts. radius arm bushing and ball joint boots

I don't think you should use dot 5 brake fluid on the track. Some of the dot 5 fluids mention that they block moisture, so what I've heard is that the moisture will separate from the fluid quite well, and you could have some really bad fade problems as a result. The Wilwood Five description below mentions this, plus that it should not be used in any racing application.

A lot of people use Motul RBF600 on the track (or similar high temp fluid), but I think that it is dot 4. Motul also has a fluid for the street with it being Motul 5.1, but from descriptions, it is synthetic, but not silicon based.

Doing a full brake fluid replacement and bleed is definitely a good idea, but the dot 5 fluid isn't something I think you should be using on a track (maybe for a show car as it is supposed to not harm paint, but not on a track car). - Jim

Wilwood FIVE is a highly refined silicone brake fluid, formulated to preserve the looks and reliability of classic vehicles and show cars. Its non-hygroscopic blend blocks moisture absorption to inhibit internal system corrosion. It is paint-friendly and will not harm most custom finishes should a spill or leak occur. Wilwood FIVE provides superior lubrication for all brake system wear surfaces with long life from the master cylinder and caliper pistons, bores, and seals. It is a fully DOT 5 compliant fluid meeting or exceeding FMVSS 116 and MIL-PRF-46176B-DOT specifications and can be used in any vehicle that is OE-specified for DOT 5 use. Wilwood does not recommend using DOT 5 fluid in any racing applications.