New To NASA HPDE

audiobuffru12

You want a brake fluid with a high boiling bpoint (dry and wet). Motul RBF600, ATE Super Blue/Gold, are common, plus there are many more. I think that they're considered to be dot 4. I believe that the high temp brake fluids are supposed to absorb moisture more easily than standard fluids, so it is suggested that you fully flush/replace it more often than standard fluids (like every 2 years for std fluid vs say one year for the high temp fluids). It is also good to bleed your brakes at some interval between the full fluid changes (I don't bleed my brakes as often as I should though). If you do a search, then there should be quite a few pages of info, but you'll have to take a look thru the posts to see what is valuable. If you have Honda specific questions, then there is also the HC (Honda Challenge) forum in the Pro Racing section of the website, or you might also want to checkout the Road Racing/Autocross & Time Attack forum in http://www.honda-tech.com, but make sure you try to do a search to try to find info in honda-tech before asking for advice. - Jim

I used ATE Super Blue for my first track event. It is affordable in comparison to other racing brake fluids. And when you flush with it, you can see the blue fluid comming out so you know that the new stuff has pushed the old stuff out. Also, when you go to flush again, a year or so later, the ATE type 200 is the same thing only in an amber color. So you can go back and forth between blue and 200 (amber) and always know that the flush is complete based on the color change. Same fluid, same company (ATE) but different names and colors. Of course, there are more expensive fluids with higher boiling points, but I have not tried them.

The Valvoline syntec is a DOT 3/4, has a pretty high dry and wet boiling point.

Less than $10 a quart.

Makes it les expensive than some other fluids.

Track only car with no street use there is always SRF, but its real pricey.

Thanks Guys for advise , It should help with decision. Placed order for The Blue Stuff HTE 1/2 Gallon be here monday , Pretty cheap(20.00) i Guess .New Ball joints upper and lower for front ,have few other items to order before it is completly done . Will be starting on rear suspension soon as front is done. Now looiking for 01 integra type r components ,LCA , SUBFARME CONECTOR,SWAY BAR.

• 2 years later...

timing blt tensioner ,some how the cam sensor didn' t detect timing belt jump, went 180 degrees out, by the time i reached turn three ,i was on three cyclinders ,finally the ecu shut down engine. with over 500,000 miles on the motor and being the original motor never modded, being I'm the 17th owner of the crx its been through alot................