Varkwso

NASA-SE TT in 2012

Varkwso

The first event in a very full 2011 TT calender is only 5 weeks away so here are some rules and guidance.

* There will be 5 drops in 2011 from the season total.

* Renew your TT and/or Comp license for 2011

* Ensure your car matches your submitted sheet. If the car does not match the sheet it is an automatice DQ.

* Ensure I have 2010 TT form on file and a dyno sheet (as needed/required)

If you TT you MUST attend the mandatory TT meetings. If you miss them and do not hunt me down to explain why you will be DQ'd.

TT is about the fastest lap and cooperation. In case anyone wonder these are the rules for conduct and passing in TT in NASA-SE.

8 On-Course Conduct

NASA TT competition will take place during advanced level, open-passing combined NASA HPDE/TT sessions or in a separate NASA TT run group at the discretion of the Event Director.

All regulations applicable to NASA HPDE as set out in the NASA CCR will apply to NASA TT competitors. All NASA TT competitors are expected to drive in a safe and controlled manner in compliance with the NASA CCR’s, namely Sections 6 and 7. Any NASA TT competitor that places four wheels off course or spins in a session (without an undisputed mechanical failure or track debris without a debris flag waving as the obvious cause of the incident) will lose any

timed result for that session. NASA TT drivers are held to a high standard in regard to track etiquette, driver cooperation, and sportsmanship (my edit - this is where BLOCKING comes in). Any driver found by NASA TT administration to be “blocking” another car in order to slow the following driver’s lap time will be subject to harsh penalties, which may include expulsion from further TT competition. Drivers are cautioned not to deliberately draft with another vehicle, except prior to making a pass.

Prolonged drafting or “team” drafting may result in penalties for both drivers. In-car video is encouraged by NASA for a variety of reasons, and would be helpful to determine if a car is purposefully blocking or drafting. Any driver displaying unsportsmanlike conduct either on or off the track, driving in an over-aggressive manner, or failing to cooperate with other drivers on the track will be subject to harsh penalties, which may include expulsion from further TT competition.

Make it to grid on time or be held until the last car who did make it to grid goes by. Stay tight on first lap under yellow to keep passing to a minimum. Do not pass, on first lap, until at least the start finish line and be smart about it then.

TT passing rules from CCR

6.3 Passing Rules

1. No passing in “No Passing Areas” as defined by the Passing Rules (available at the meeting or Registration). [Ref: (25.4.1)]

2. No passing under any yellow flag situation until the driver is past the incident, or past the next manned flag station that does not display a yellow flag [Ref: (7.2 - 7.4)].

3. If an Instructor waves a car by, that does not count as a pass. (Instructors will have an “X” on their cars.) Drivers may not pass under yellow, even if they perceive a “wave by” from their instructor.

4. If a car is having mechanical trouble and is pulling off the track, a pass is allowed regardless of the passing rules.

5. A driver may not pass another driver in a no passing zone or situation, even if the other driver waves him/her by.

6. The driver attempting to make a pass is solely responsible for safe outcome of that pass. Drivers making a pass should be certain that the driver ahead of them can see them before attempting to pass. All drivers are reminded that this is not a competition and risky passes are prohibited.

Edited by Guest

sperkins

Looking forward to 2011.

brkntrxn

I'm in for several SE TTs, signed up for CMP last night.

Jeff,

Will we be able to get an annual inspection and sticker from you at the track?

-Kevin

kbrew8991

I'm hoping I can squeeze another Road Atlanta trip into my budget - I really enjoyed the last one I did

Jim P.

Also for TT in 2011:

You will be able to get an Annual Tech Decal and Logbook for your car - this will preclude you from going to Tech before an event for any reason other than to just say hello! Anyone with an Annual Tech Decal will simply have to go to registration and attend the All Hands Meeting.

drivinhardz06

I'm moving to w2w before TT kills me

dans2k

does no blocking mean you have to let slower over a lap but faster in a drag race cars pass you on the straight?

kbrew8991
does no blocking mean you have to let slower over a lap but faster in a drag race cars pass you on the straight?

yeah there was alot of that crap going on Sunday at Dec Road Atlanta towards the back. Yay, thanks Mr. M3 (and others) for dorking up yet another lap by blasting past me down the back stretch and parking it in T10 and the esses

If it was racing they'd get a little bumper rub after the first time but that's not kosher in TT

Varkwso
I'm in for several SE TTs, signed up for CMP last night.

Jeff,

Will we be able to get an annual inspection and sticker from you at the track?

-Kevin

yes - I think so

Varkwso

See the video recommendation - that would be an uncooperative driver - but if I see it is even better. They would be blocking in the turns in that case....

1LapSRT

See the video recommendation - that would be an uncooperative driver - but if I see it is even better. They would be blocking in the turns in that case....

But doesn't blocking mean there is some form of purposeful intention? Having a fast car on the straights and a slow"er" car in the turns happens to some people... so I hear!

dans2k

hurray for annual tech!

GeneSplicer

So for this next event at RA, as an HPDE3 driver now - we'd go through the tech and classing the car that weekend? I've filled out the classification form with dyno sheet, should I bring it to the event or mail it in? From what I understand, there's a provisional instructor checkride before 'jumping' into TT - so do I sign up for the HPDE3 then bump to 4/TT? I just need to know what to register as for now. I have thought about the comp school friday - but that won't help any more than the provisional check ride, however it sure would be fun! Sorry guys - a little confusing to dumb me making the transition from HPDE to TT. thnx -

edit - questions answered

Edited by Guest

Varkwso

But doesn't blocking mean there is some form of purposeful intention? Having a fast car on the straights and a slow"er" car in the turns happens to some people... so I hear!

If it happens it is blocking - "intent" is reserved for lawyers or someone else who cares. If in doubt let them by then show me the video of the parade...

04BlackGAViper

Any suggestions or recommendations for dyno locations closest to Augusta? I need to get car dynoed before CMP. Thanks. Also, is there a link to 2011 TT class sheets we have to fill out and turn in with dyno sheets? Lastly, any word yet on Hoosier contingency for 2011?

sperkins
Any suggestions or recommendations for dyno locations closest to Augusta? I need to get car dynoed before CMP. Thanks. Also, is there a link to 2011 TT class sheets we have to fill out and turn in with dyno sheets? Lastly, any word yet on Hoosier contingency for 2011?

http://www.dynojet.com/maps/autodynos/ga.htm

Augusta Customs Inc.

Dynojet Model 224

2023 Gordon Highway

Augusta 30909

Tel: 706-733-8899

beerkat

I am looking forward to my first full year of TT. Already have my TT license for the 2011 season. Hope to do the annual tech also. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Feb.

Cobra4B

I'm trying to make it back down for the March RA event

Varkwso

I am in Augusta - do not bother with Augusta Customs unless you need dubs.

We need to buy that one from them....

jimbow

I almost forgot to renew my license!

Then I remembered the entire season was open thru last Friday, so I got on-line and renewed and registered for events thru July. The car matches last years sheet (for now). I assume we need to bring you a 2011 version of that sheet?

My first drops will be the April NCCAR event, I'll be on a vacation cruise!

No SNOW in Feb at CMP - please?

sperkins

CMP - so close....

Varkwso
CMP - so close....

And yet so far.

brkntrxn

The magic donuts are mounted and sitting in the garage awaiting their "perfect session".

On the other hand, the driver is still lacking in his "perfect skills".

-Kevin

sperkins
The magic donuts are mounted and sitting in the garage awaiting their "perfect session".

I'll be bringing scrubs and a clutch with 1/2 a mile on it.