HC Roll Cages, Street Legal?

MediumPimpin

Are the honda challenge roll cages street legal? I see trucks all the time with installed cages so i can't see why not, just curious if anyone here drives their HC car on the street.

Thanks,

-Kevin

i have a 89 crx with a goto racing weld in cage....nasa race legal....and have been pulled over......he was actually very nice and asked me who did it......i guess ymmv......but he didn't mention it...or complain about the cage......he pulled me over cause he saw my factory belt hanging (i had the 6 point harness on)

I didn't think it would be a problem, I won't be streeting my car all that much but if I want to run it I don't want to have to take it to a track.

Thanks,

-Kevin

I didn't think it would be a problem, I won't be streeting my car all that much but if I want to run it I don't want to have to take it to a track.

Thanks,

-Kevin

there is no law in the CA DMV MVCB (moving violations code book) that would allow him to give you a ticket for it.

however he could if he wanted to give you a ticket for wearing the harness in stead of the seat bealt, unless you have a scotch (sp i dunno how to spell that goofy name) which is the only people who make DOT legall harness. It would be stupid but if you go by the book he could.

I will be drving my car to and from the track with a full cage some times.

After I put it in for you, right Jimmy?

After I put it in for you, right Jimmy?

correct, after i get the damn thing running

there is no law in the CA DMV MVCB (moving violations code book) that would allow him to give you a ticket for it.

Pretty familiar with that book, Jimmy? Used to own a copy, myself. Never won any ticket contests with it, but it was handy for checking exactly what I was written up for...

Pretty familiar with that book, Jimmy? Used to own a copy, myself. Never won any ticket contests with it, but it was handy for checking exactly what I was written up for...

Words almost guaranteed to get you a citation after being stopped for a traffic violation:

Officer: "Good morning. Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Driver: "Why, don't you?"

Words almost guaranteed to get you a citation after being stopped for a traffic violation:

Officer: "Good morning. Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Driver: "Why, don't you?"

lol ya back in my younger days (lol ahahhaha), the cops would hassel me alot, so i bought the book, scaned threw and all that good stuff. Never got me out of a ticket befor but it did, get me a ticket once.

you know that old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, ..." well ya i thought it would be smart to tell the cop that what he pulled me over for wasn't legal, bad idea...

Now 2 of my friend are police officers 1 a CHP and the other a Sac county sherif.

Oops, don't know how/why that got posted twice

lol ya back in my younger days (lol ahahhaha), the cops would hassel me alot, so i bought the book, scaned threw and all that good stuff. Never got me out of a ticket befor but it did, get me a ticket once.

you know that old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, ..." well ya i thought it would be smart to tell the cop that what he pulled me over for wasn't legal, bad idea...

Now 2 of my friend are police officers 1 a CHP and the other a Sac county sherif.

In my experience, I've found it VERY difficult to talk yourself (or your friend!) OUT of a ticket,

but you can try

On the other hand, it's *** VERY *** easy to talk yourself

INTO one

All you have to do is remember, the cops job is to observe and write down what he sees. He is just saying he thinks he saw you do whatever he pulled you over for. DONT argue with him on the side of the road. Just take the ticket and thank him. By the time we walks up to you he already decided whether he is going to give you a warning or a ticket. Like what Dave said, most likely by pleading your case on the side of the road you will turn a warning into a ticket.

Take the ticket and thank the officer. Within the next 30 days go to court and plead there! I have over a 65% win rate doing this (all you have to do is poke a hole in the officers story and your not guilty)! Of course this was when I was much younger.