• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sperkins

• drivinhardz06

• Varkwso

• Z06cool

drivinhardz06
Man, Spec Z06 is really picking up speed.

Mark - are you running TTA? I don't see your name for PTA or TTA.

I'll mostly be hanging around RA this year, in PTA if I stay busy with work, TTA/instruct if I go broke

I got a 2 month old, 2 yr old, 5 yr old, and 2,321 house projects to tackle. can't do a full season this year, not enough hrs in the day.

my car is getting a cage right now, I'll be lucky to make it for RA/march

With Scott signing up, I either need two more entries to join us or I need to drop out and save the tires and brakes.

You guys may not have to worry about me since I may never get this thing back together.

f2f67f1f.jpg

Scott, what kind of jacks do you use when its on the lift? I have tried the little short-throw canister-type units but they're a PITA. Is there a better way?

"Might as well run some bigger tires and join us in TTS (the slower vettes;)."

The thought has crossed my mind. Except, I have already ordered the 275's.....

I will be on 275s most likely in tts.

...and will be a moving chicane just like last time...

With Scott signing up, I either need two more entries to join us or I need to drop out and save the tires and brakes. No use in wasting equipment if there is no potential for gain.

Morris: 41's

If that happens, I know a certain black car that will be getting a tear down. And his "mechanic" will be coming up with some creative excuses for whatever is found.

Scott, what kind of jacks do you use when its on the lift? I have tried the little short-throw canister-type units but they're a PITA. Is there a better way?

I have a center sliding jack that I use to raise the car. It will get it high enough to pull the wheel and do regular maintenance. When doing a clutch, it has to be much higher so I raise the car and set it down on some blocks with jacking pucks on top. Then I can use the center jack again to remove the rear cradle. A 2-post would be sooooooo nice.

c2a23cf0.jpg

7197c3db.jpg

I have a center sliding jack that I use to raise the car. It will get it high enough to pull the wheel and do regular maintenance. When doing a clutch, it has to be much higher so I raise the car and set it down on some blocks with jacking pucks on top. Then I can use the center jack again to remove the rear cradle. A 2-post would be sooooooo nice.

c2a23cf0.jpg

7197c3db.jpg

Better then my current option.

hell I work on my car in at best a gravel driveway, having a paved surface would be an upgrade. Wish I had *that* problem...

A big guy could pick your car up.

hell I work on my car in at best a gravel driveway, having a paved surface would be an upgrade. Wish I had *that* problem...

A big guy could pick your car up.

Beerkat could one hand lift it

drivinhardz06
If that happens, I know a certain black car that will be getting a tear down. And his "mechanic" will be coming up with some creative excuses for whatever is found.

I'll leave some love notes hidden for varkwso

Leave my car alone.....

With Scott signing up, I either need two more entries to join us or I need to drop out and save the tires and brakes. No use in wasting equipment if there is no potential for gain.

Morris: 41's

Scott, Mark or Jason - can one of you PM me BJ's cell number - I seem to have lost it.

I tried calling his shop last week and got voice mail.

TIA!

Signed up today for TTA. I will miss a couple of sessions because of conflicts with my Teaching schedule.

I can drive it for you in those sessions . Unlikely for the FRC to make it to CMP - still need to pull drivetrain and lost my slave labor.

Signed up today for TTA. I will miss a couple of sessions because of conflicts with my Teaching schedule.

I can drive it for you in those sessions .

I'm sure he doesn't want slower times...

Unlikely for the FRC to make it to CMP - still need to pull drivetrain and lost my slave labor.

I've done two in the last month. I would say I'm getting better at it, but I'm not.

BTW - I have an 11" Spec stage 3 disc for sale if you know anyone that's interested.

I can drive it for you in those sessions . Unlikely for the FRC to make it to CMP - still need to pull drivetrain and lost my slave labor.

You always welcome to use my car.

Don't think he can do that unless he run backwards.

Don't think he can do that unless he run backwards.

Uhh...he does and sideways. You must have missed it when he stuffed Mike's car in the sand after the kink... Okay, maybe not having a steering wheel contributed...