Grand Turismo 5 NASA Southeast on-line speckeled miata race

mpowers

Welcome to the Unofficial NASA-SE Speckeled Miata Online racing series!

We are running the '89 and '91 Mazda Miata from the Premium dealership only. This keeps things close and allows the racers to customize the cars paint/wheels to their liking. Drivers have already found the '89 to be faster than the '91 model (weird..I know) so a majority will be running the older model.

Allowed modifications are as follows:

Oil Change

Racing Cone Filter

Sport Exhaust

High Flow Catalytic Converter

Stage 1 Clutch

Chassis Stiffening

Weight Reduction Stg. 2

Plastic Window Replacement ('91 models only)

Full Racing Suspension (Stg. 3)

Soft Sport Tires

Any modifications to the engine, differential or the transmission are NOT ALLOWED. They are to remain stock.

Front Aero Modification (lip spoiler) is also allowed, as is any wheel of your choice. Spring rates are regulated in Spec Miata to 700 lbs/in (12.5 kgf/mm) front, 325 lbs/in (5.8 kgf/mm) rear, for those interested in staying true to the series (cough scca rules).

The races will be casual meet up once a week, like a Thursday night say 9pm? Tomorrow to early to start?

Room Settings Settings:

everything off except ABS

Legal Spec Miata car as per the rules

Damage- Set to Light

Penalties- On Lowest Setting

Mics- HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory.

Course cutting- Not OK

Qualifying- Done with the built in gridding feature.

We can meet at my lounge so befriend me, mpowersii . This will keep out the riffraff from trying to join.

Any and all are welcome to join us! And yes I stole 100% of this from another forum

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcmmotorsports

• mpowers

• King Tut

• Falcon

I guess I'll get my son shopping and modifying tonight!

Thank God I have a 12 year old to help me use the PS-3.

Welcome to the Unofficial NASA-SE Speckeled Miata Online racing series!

We are running the '89 and '91 Mazda Miata from the Premium dealership only. This keeps things close and allows the racers to customize the cars paint/wheels to their liking. Drivers have already found the '89 to be faster than the '91 model (weird..I know) so a majority will be running the older model.

Allowed modifications are as follows:

Oil Change

Racing Cone Filter

Sport Exhaust

High Flow Catalytic Converter

Stage 1 Clutch

Chassis Stiffening

Weight Reduction Stg. 2

Plastic Window Replacement ('91 models only)

Full Racing Suspension (Stg. 3)

Soft Sport Tires

Any modifications to the engine, differential or the transmission are NOT ALLOWED. They are to remain stock.

Front Aero Modification (lip spoiler) is also allowed, as is any wheel of your choice. Spring rates are regulated in Spec Miata to 700 lbs/in (12.5 kgf/mm) front, 325 lbs/in (5.8 kgf/mm) rear, for those interested in staying true to the series (cough scca rules).

The races will be casual meet up once a week, like a Thursday night say 9pm? Tomorrow to early to start?

Room Settings Settings:

everything off except ABS

Legal Spec Miata car as per the rules

Damage- Set to Light

Penalties- On Lowest Setting

Mics- HIGHLY recommended but not mandatory.

Course cutting- Not OK

Qualifying- Done with the built in gridding feature.

We can meet at my lounge so befriend me, mpowersii . This will keep out the riffraff from trying to join.

Any and all are welcome to join us! And yes I stole 100% of this from another forum

Okay, I got my car purchased, souped up and am ready to race. Damn, it's hard to believe how much money you have to spend on a Miata just to gain 8 horsepower.

Michael M. what's your handle on the PS3 network?

Mike Powers, what's yours? We need to collect all these so we can "invite friends."

I just found a couple in my message box tonight that were left by a couple of NASA guys.

Here you go Jody...

Mike we can always change the time and day, make a suggestion. Only reason I put it at 9pm was to avoid family confict for others.

roadracerwhite

I know I am not from the SE region but I am interested in joining!

I will probably have to meet up next week as I am still using the wireless network and need to get that fixed first.

Bryan

roadracerwhite on the PS3

MedlinRacing

Sounds like a good time. I'll have to try to get on one night and check it out.

MedlinMotorsport I think is my screen name on PS3

Mike, will you have the room (lounge) set up for tonight? If so, give us the details and send us all an invite.

It can be a trail run the first time tonight and you can set up a schedule that suits everyone later.

****I've got to go to Daytona and win some more money so I have enough. That thing pays out ~$21,000 for a win.

I'm in, but can we have an earlier start time...for those who wake at 3am for work.

Shlt, I wake up at 3am but it's to take a leak, then I'm back in bed.

I know I am not from the SE region but I am interested in joining!

I will probably have to meet up next week as I am still using the wireless network and need to get that fixed first.

Bryan

roadracerwhite on the PS3

We wont hold that against you, so come and join us!

Mike, will you have the room (lounge) set up for tonight? If so, give us the details and send us all an invite.

It can be a trail run the first time tonight and you can set up a schedule that suits everyone later.

****I've got to go to Daytona and win some more money so I have enough. That thing pays out ~$21,000 for a win.

Here how it works; send me a friend request on PS3 to mpowersii . Then tonight all you need to do is go to your community list of friends, click on my user id and then click on my lounge.

As far a schedule, I'm game for pretty much anything. We can bs more tonight about it.

Now don't forget, Jody, that playing tonight wins $$ and credit for level advancement. Also if you want a lot of $$ fast, but it's a one time shot, go to seasonal events and look at the A Spec Bonus race. Pays 200k and is quick way to boost your level.

I'll open the lounge up around 8:30 to secure a board for us. And I'll keep an eye out on here for those that need help figuring things out.

I am going to try and get on for this. Hopefully I will have enough money to build up a Miata. PSN ID = KingTut333. Oh yeah, times are Eastern I assume? Some of us do live in the Central time zone.

Yep all times ate EST, btw everyone that posted up a user ID I sent a friend request.

If you don't mind send one to mazdaratirob and dozerdouglas .

Yep all times ate EST, btw everyone that posted up a user ID I sent a friend request.

If you don't mind send one to mazdaratirob and dozerdouglas .

Done! If for some reason someone does not see the request ping me or post up again....don't forget you do have to accept the request, lol.

I'm not on here a whole lot and haven't raced in a while...... but could you add Carguy3 to the list. I've got the Miata already, I'll just have to make it "spec". Thanks.

mcmmotorsports

Hey, not to sound like a helpless mooch, but does anyone have one of these speckled Miata's, they could gift to me? Maybe build a duplicate? I just started playing last week and only have one car in my garage and I don't think I have enough money to build one to spec in time for tonight's race. Thank you.

I'm not on here a whole lot and haven't raced in a while...... but could you add Carguy3 to the list. I've got the Miata already, I'll just have to make it "spec". Thanks.

Done!

Hey, not to sound like a helpless mooch, but does anyone have one of these speckled Miata's, they could gift to me? Maybe build a duplicate? I just started playing last week and only have one car in my garage and I don't think I have enough money to build one to spec in time for tonight's race. Thank you.

Yep, will send you one, take some time to set it up...btw I can't send it till you accept the friend request...

Eer, sorry Mike, I just left the house. I should be back before 8, should give you plenty of time to set up the suspension after I send the miata.

mcmmotorsports
Eer, sorry Mike, I just left the house. I should be back before 8, should give you plenty of time to set up the suspension after I send the miata.

lol, no problem.