Grand Turismo 5 NASA Southeast on-line speckeled miata race

mpowers

I had to stay over at the girlfriend's last night and she does not have a router

You shouldn't have been focused on whether she had a router. Racing was great last night. I didn't have time to build up a 91, but I bought one last night, and I plan to see why it is so much slower than the 89.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mpowers

• mcmmotorsports

• King Tut

• Falcon

These Miata's drive me crazy. I can't get the understeer out of the damn thing. The way mine is setup it just won't steer, and when it finally does it snaps the ass end around.

How about someone posting the suspension setups that seem to work.

Mesa50w, I'll shoot you an invite tomorrow long before race time.

See y'all tomorrow night at 8 in my lounge..

it was alot of fun.. Kingtut killed all of us wow great driving! Some how the one race i got to do the car was in auto And a big sorry to who ever i plowed on the last lap. Cant wait till the next one

Welcome to the Unofficial NASA-SE Speckeled Miata Online racing series!

[...]

We can meet at my lounge so befriend me, mpowersii . This will keep out the riffraff from trying to join.

Any and all are welcome to join us! And yes I stole 100% of this from another forum

Added you as a friend on PSN; buying car in preparation for this week.

These Miata's drive me crazy. I can't get the understeer out of the damn thing. The way mine is setup it just won't steer, and when it finally does it snaps the ass end around.

How about someone posting the suspension setups that seem to work.

I got it less pushy but still not got the back to let go... it seems like the front tires go off or something?

anyways try 0 rear toe and more front than rear camber

change the rear spring rate the the same as front

Edited by Guest
increase the rear spring rate F5.6 R5

Spring rate is fixed per the Speckeled Miata race rules on page 1.

shit sorry

theres the understeer problem

with those mandated spring rates and the alignment settings above

max out the rear bar, minimum front bar

lower the front 1 or 2 points vs the rear

hey I am trying to get online to race: wildman_dan

Added..

Added you as a friend on PSN; buying car in preparation for this week.

Added..

Guys don't forget I'll be at the Rolex so some one step up and set up the room.

No aids but abs and track line. Weight 760 min, hp 138 max, sport soft tires...etc.

Cheers,

Mike

So I've (markell27 - Travis) been driving the 91' miata since the first week. We'll since I've yet to catch anyone on a straight I purchased an 89', did the same mods except the windows, set the suspension to the same settings and ran both at Laguna Seca.

Results are in. All laps in the 89' were quicker than the 91'. Best lap in 89' was just shy of two seconds quicker than the best in the 91'...

Obviously I'll be running the 89' unless we are the nurenburgring small track where I can run through the grass at the end, get the penalty that doesn't matter and pass 4 cars in the process to win...

So I've (markell27 - Travis) been driving the 91' miata since the first week. We'll since I've yet to catch anyone on a straight I purchased an 89', did the same mods except the windows, set the suspension to the same settings and ran both at Laguna Seca.

Results are in. All laps in the 89' were quicker than the 91'. Best lap in 89' was just shy of two seconds quicker than the best in the 91'...

Obviously I'll be running the 89' unless we are the nurenburgring small track where I can run through the grass at the end, get the penalty that doesn't matter and pass 4 cars in the process to win...

That was a nice move last week!

I'll try that one if we run the Nürburgring GP course again.

unless we are the nurenburgring small track where I can run through the grass at the end, get the penalty that doesn't matter and pass 4 cars in the process to win...

Don't worry I will still be far enough ahead of you even with Low Boost turned on to still win.

How was last night? I didn't get home till an hour after start time and then my damn PS3 took over an hour to download the update and install it. Plan to be there next week.

I had fun, I just wish I didn't miss so much of the racing. It took a while for the stupid PS3 to update and then I had to go out an grab some food. By the time I got back only a couple more races were run. Great racing though.

Great time tonight as usual. I forgot to mention tonight was my first night racing online from the inside the car view. I used to race with the outside the car above and behind view specifically so I could see other cars around me. I tried to use my rear view, but sometimes I still didn't know there were cars on the sides so I apologize for the extra contact.