Used Engines

MediumPimpin

From what I can see in the rulebook, it seems like we have to run only US engines. Is this correct?

If so I can't run to a pleace like K.Watanabe and grab a cheap engine to run and it will make it really har to find a replacement engine.

Where do you guys get used usdm engines from?

Thanks,

-Kevin

Cool thanks,

Also.. anyone know of a good place in the bay area/central coast to have a B18a rebuilt for a decent price?

Thanks,

-Kevin

I cannot. I have not needed to change a motor yet.

several of us just run "junk yard" motors. Mine has 100,000 mi on it. That helps keep cost down

Yea, thats what I was hoping. Attarco has the B18a (35-45k miles) for $650, and the matching cable tranny for $650, so they will be my bread n' butta.

-Kevin

Kevin, Ron Carrol of REC motorsports in Cameron Park bulids B18's, you'll meet him at the track, he runs a 2nd gen teg too.

Yea, thats what I was hoping. Attarco has the B18a (35-45k miles) for $650, and the matching cable tranny for $650, so they will be my bread n' butta.

-Kevin

hey kevin a buddy of mine has a second gen integra that rolled down his drive way into a tree, he has been complaning to me to find some one who wants the car/motor. ill contact him tomarow and see what up with it.

hey kevin a buddy of mine has a second gen integra that rolled down his drive way into a tree, he has been complaning to me to find some one who wants the car/motor. ill contact him tomarow and see what up with it.

By 'rolled down the hill' does that mean 'forgot it was in reverse, floored it, and it rolled down the hill?'

Let me know how it is and send over some pics if its in decent shape.

Thanks!!

-Kevin

just talked to him today.

here is what happened.

He was going to pick up some parts for his toyota, pulled up infront of his house to grab his wallet, thought he pulled the ebrake far enough but didn't as he came out the door it was just hitting the tree.

the car actually hit in the front part of it and would need some good work he says (he is a body work guy) to get it right, like a new front clip.

He just wants 1000 for the WHOLE CAR, minus the dash, door panels and seats. He has 2 trannies, one 3rd gear is pretty much gone, and the other thats in the car grinds 3rd gear some times.

The whole ssupension and brakes is still fine on the car, along with the rest of the car, minus the front of it and the windsheild is cracked.

Only other catch is you would have to come up to placerville CA to get it, and you would need a trialer to get it back.

if anyone is interested in it, PM me. I can't get pictures of it untill this weekend though

ok guys my freind just told me he has a 90-91 b18a complete motor for sale, everything you need for a swap, that means ECU, mounts shift linkage, wiring harness, and off course a tranny and a complete motor.

he is looking to get 800 for it let me know if any one is interested.

GoTo.... need a spare motor for the teg? any one else?

Only other catch is you would have to come up to placerville CA to get it, and you would need a trialer to get it back.

Will tow on flatbed car hauler in exchange for 14" tires and/or 15" tires & rims.

Located in East SF Bay Area.

all right i just talked to my buddy here is what he said

motor is good. I have not compression tested but did start it and let it run and warm up before we pulled it. everything was good. tranny seems to be ok and no grins on any gears when we checked however the clutch in it is gone. the cluster read 110k on it and the car wasent modified so im pretty sure it was accurate. If you want I can run a compression test on it real quick and pull the tranny off just to spin the shaft but I am about positive its good.

now if some one is SEROUSLY interested shoot me a PM and let ill give you his number