New GTS racers for 2011

shiza40

I'll be joining (hopefully) via the SE region Comp School at CMP in February. I just registered for the forums today, so I thought I'd start out by seeing who else out there is popping their cherry this season.

I'll be in GTS-2 in an E36.

-Sean

Good luck, Sean. It will be good to see another familiar face at the NASA events.

-Kevin

Thanks, Kevin. 2011 should be quite a blast. Good luck to you in TTA.

What happened to the 944 Gary? Are you targeting GTS3 with the 968?

I'm working on an E36 GTS3 build over the winter for the Northeast Region, but I doubt it will be finished for next season. I'll likely run my RX7 another season before debuting the BMW. Maybe we'll get a chance to race against each other in the future.

What happened to the 944 Gary? Are you targeting GTS3 with the 968?

I'm working on an E36 GTS3 build over the winter for the Northeast Region, but I doubt it will be finished for next season. I'll likely run my RX7 another season before debuting the BMW. Maybe we'll get a chance to race against each other in the future.

The 944 ended up being a complete rebuild and wont be race ready for the start of the season. So I've took a little more weight out of the 968 and will run it on non-dot's. It was a fun car to drive at just under 3000lbs, I can't wait to try it at what I hope will be 2850lbs.

The E36 project sounds good, how far along are you with it?

I look forward to seeing you Mike at the NE events. Are you going down to VIR Febuary or March?

I just started on the E36. I've got the car, a list of parts and I've started the tear down, but not much else at this point. Cage fabrication will commence in a couple weeks at High Speed Motorsports. I've got a long way to go.

I don't think I'll make it to VIR next season. That was quite a long tow to do by myself from CT. I do want to drive VIR again, but would prefer a group from the NE join me in the tow.

I'm not new but will be making the jump from GTS3 to GTS4, so I guess I'm new to the class.

Im in the same boat as Tim

Believe it when I see it.....

-Scott B.

• Members
I'm not new but will be making the jump from GTS3 to GTS4, so I guess I'm new to the class.

-Scott B.

Now u see me (in GTS3), not you dont (GTS4).

-Scott B.

Now u see me (in GTS3), not you dont (GTS4).

Your becoming so sneaky, something must be rubbing off on you....

-Scott B.

you guys were too fast for 3 anyways

I plan on racing my 928 in GTS2 this season too....

Nice, you don't see too many 928 racecars. Do you have any pics? What region will you be racing with?

Should do the first event in TT but hope to move to GTS early this season in Texas. Did BMW club racing school at the end of last summer (Eagles Canyon) so hopefully that will fulfill the racing school requirement.

Haven't you heard yet Scottie?

GTS4 is the new 3.

Long live FOUR!

I thought GTS2 was the new 3, but what the hell do I know......

-Scott B.

kind of new to nasa, did one race in 09, one in 2010, planning on doing the full NE schedule for 2011 including the nationals, will start the season in my e36 bmw then switch to e46 sedan with s54 motor (GTS-4), would love to do VIR as a bonus, AJ

• Members
kind of new to nasa, did one race in 09, one in 2010, planning on doing the full NE schedule for 2011 including the nationals, will start the season in my e36 bmw then switch to e46 sedan with s54 motor (GTS-4), would love to do VIR as a bonus, AJ

Come on down to VIR AJ! GTS4 is pretty big down in these parts.

Welcome to GTS.

Hi Guys,

I've been racing Spec Focus the last two seasons in the Great Lakes/Mid-West Reigion and we decided to sell of the Ford stuff and go GTS3 racing in a Porsche Boxster. The cage should be complete next week and then the real work starts. We're hoping to be at Grattan in June for our first race of the season.

Come on down to VIR AJ! GTS4 is pretty big down in these parts.

Welcome to GTS.

will definetly try to make it in feb,gotta do the test day n watch lots of vid, (never been there)